[𝟖] 𝐒𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐨𝐥𝐝

It'd been about a week since we got back from the beach house and started this whole 'self-recovery' shit

It'd been about a week since we got back from the beach house and started this whole 'self-recovery' shit. Grace had been doing a lot better with her pace of eating. And we'd learned a few things. One, Grace can't eat fast because it makes her feel sick. Two, she can't have ice cream or anything really cold or anything really hot like soup (learned that the hard way, she spit coffee all over me).

Oh, and three... She's lactose intolerant. No, I didn't learn that the hard way. Thank god. But I did have to deal with her complaining her stomach hurt for hours.

In actuality, I hadn't minded much. I liked the parts where she let me play with her hair and the part where she fell asleep was my favorite.

She told me one time that she looked like a monster when she was asleep and a tortured soul when she first woke up. But she couldn't have been any more wrong, because damn did she look beautiful.

Enough of that.

"Get me one, get me one, get me one!" She was jumping up and down in her seat, waiting for me to finally give in. Grace wanted a happy meal from McDonald's. I'd never had a happy meal before and seeing her so excited made me want one. She grabbed onto my arm, pulling it back and forth between the two of us.

"Calm down, I'm going, I'm going." I rolled my eyes. She reached for my drink in the cup holder and took a long sip. Oh, she's going to regret tha-

"GaH!" She yelped, opening the car door a smidge and spitting it out. I let out a low snicker, turning into the drive-thru.

"Stop laughing." She smacked my arm. "It's not funny, I could of died!"

"It's not that cold, Grace," I told her, rolling down my window and ordering. The whole time I was doing so, Grace's foot was bouncing up and down. She was either excited or trying to stop herself from talking while I was ordering. Or both.

"Your drink was the coldest I've ever had!" She finally blurted out.

"Drop the attitude, little lady," I demanded. I poked her on the nose and she sneezed. I couldn't help but-

"Aw, you two are just the cutest." A familiar voice cooed. I turned my attention towards the window and there stood Flynn. Flynn went to the school opposite of ours. Yes, there was another school across the road from ours. Something I always thought was a weird thing was how the founders of the schools were brother and sister.

"Hey, man," I said, reaching into the cup holder for my wallet. Instead, of grabbing my wallet, I grabbed the ice in my drink. I slowly turned my head to Grace who was now, conveniently, looking out the window and trying to whistle but instead blowing out soft air

"Grace?" I spoke up calmly, trying to ignore the snickering coming from the window. She turned to me, smiling innocently.

"Yesh?" Her lips were puckered and she was sucking in her cheeks. And how? How could I be mad at that? I mean, if you could see her you'd agree. Maybe.