10

" 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆, 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒎𝒆? "

" 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆, 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒎𝒆? "

I wandered down to Hagrid's, Buckbeak was to be executed tonight. I was livid with Malfoy in fact I wasn't talking to him right now, he had protested that the ugly thing deserved it to which I growled at him and stomped off. Now we aren't talking and I'm saying my goodbyes, I never finished reading wuthering heights with him and we were closing in on the end of the year maybe it was a one time thing maybe I was never going to get the malfoy who looked so happy to just be with me. As usual I bowed and sat myself up against him cuddling into the great beast. I opened the book and tried to start reading but I vision blurred and spots of water were dropping on my book. I had become so attached to Buckbeak in the past 3 weeks he had become a tether for me. He couldn't speak or anything like that but he just sat listening to me read, I would constantly ignore the danger of Sirius Black and would sleep next to the bird to feel less alone and now the beautiful creature was being taken from me.

I turned into the neck of Buckbeak and choked a loud sob, I lifted my arms wrapping them around him, 'DON'T LEAVE' I screamed the huge creature pulled his wing over my body as I screamed more and more. People in the castle could probably here me but I needed to let it out my source of comfort was disappearing. I stood up and kicked a pumpkin but then ended up screaming in more pain. I truly was an idiot. I sobbed more dropping down on the ground Buckbeak moving to be next to me. I stroked him till a voice chimed 'y/n'.

Harry's pov

Not many people were sat in the great hall just scattered Hufflepuff and Ravenclaws but quite a few Gryffindors and no Slytherins to be seen anywhere. 'Buckbeak goes today' Fred, George and a few more of their year grimaced a little, everything was silent until a piercing scream broke out one that I somehow recognised. Her words were blurred and mushed up but I worked out it was don't leave. She was talking about Buckbeak, I had seen her if she wasn't in class she was with him and now he was being killed. Fred and George both stood but Ron and I pulled them back down. 'Don't. she won't want anyone to see her like this she's a Slytherin' Fred still tried after her next scream but I think we knew she would be okay she was a Potter a fighter so much stronger than me.

Y/ns pov

'Sirius' I breathed, he was here in front of me I felt too weak to fight him so I just slumped back into Buckbeak, 'You might want to be careful the ministry will be down here soon' I said in a bored tone still cuddling into the hippogriff. 'I want to explain to you all of it no interruptions just me explaining all of it as it has come together' I frowned but what else was I to do, I shrugged 'go on why not' I stroked Buckbeak as Sirius bowed at him before sitting opposite me. 'I was framed, I loved your parents with my whole hear Peter exposed your parents to Voldemort when he was after them, he was never our best friend just a traitor but he chopped off his finger making it seem like I did it. He's an animagus like your father and I we chose to be one to accompany Remus when he turned to a werewolf but now he's disguised as someones rat I think Remus said scar, maybe scab' Ron's rat. It only had 9 toes. 'Scabbers' I confirmed. Sirius pointed at me nodding, 'but tonight I want to tell Harry all of this, to kill Peter not only for revenge but to avenge Lily and James but I need you' Was I really about to help a murderer.

'Why should I believe you for all I know you were the one who gave them away to him you got them murdered' I shouted making Buckbeak stand up to be next to me, 'Because y/n I cared about your parents and you father meant the world to me and I care about you and Harry because you were and still are my best friends children' I felt my features soften, 'care, about me?' I hadn't heard those words in a long time from anyone. I wasn't quite sure if I only agreed to help Sirius because he had admitted caring for me or because I believed him, either way I had agreed. 'What do you need' Sirius grinned moving forward for a hug but I backed away and Buckbeak stepped forward in a protecting manner. 'Not yet I need more proof but I will help now go before you get caught'.

I sat back down with Buckbeak and turned onto the last page, 'and in this moment, i swear, we are infinite' I closed the book and Buckbeak made a noise resting his head on my lap. 'One last nap together' I whispered placing my chin on his head. I thought back to the night Dumbledore had told me he didn't know Peter Pettigrew, he hand lied and Sirius had mentioned his friend was a werewolf maybe it had something to do with when Professor Lupin was off we skipped straight to werewolves, several pieces of information started coming together in my was. It was him Remus Lupin was a werewolf. He had helped Sirius get onto the grounds. I closed my eyes thinking about how to explain to Harry about Sirius the idea seemed so insane he was never going to believe me. I heard some voice a little way off but it was too late I had already closed my eyes and was dozing off to sleep. 

[A/N] so I'm tired x