80

TW !

" 𝒄𝒖𝒏𝒕 "

I was nervous standing at the castles door, this may be the last time I would see the castle whole. I lifted my hand to pull the door open but a cold voice stopped me. 'Well, well, well. There is a Potter roaming around. Just the female' I shuddered turning 'Carrow' He started laughing. 'Boss said keep you alive but I'll pass' I rolled my shoulders back. 'Maybe I'll do it the muggle way' He laughed manically he pulled out a sharp object and threw it at me. A pain in my leg made me shout. 'Cunt' I murmured. 'ARGH' I ran at him full force knocking him to the ground with me. 'The muggle way sounds good' I pulled the knife from my leg and stabbed it into Carrows throat. I didn't mean to laugh but it just happened, I pushed myself up dropping the blood soaked knife to the floor. I pointed my wand at my leg sewing it up and making the pain a dull throb. 'I never did like you'.

I walked into the door and snuck into the Slytherin's who were marching, 'y/n?' Pansy whispered trying not to smile. 'Hey, I missed you' I took her hand and we stayed touching, I needed her right now. I kept my head down as Snape spoke about Harry and his whereabouts. ' It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies...you still have a security problem, Headmaster' I looked back at the order who had burst through. Fred searched the crowd of Slytherin's and met my eyes. He did a cheeky wink and I smirked back. 'I mean come on sir' I stepped out beside my brother 'Letting one Potter in, fair enough' I smiled at Harry 'But two?'

Harry and I looked back at Snape, 'How dare you stand where he stood? Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eye... A man who trusted you, and killed him. Tell them!' I felt my stomach do turns, I felt like throwing up because it was me, I had killed a man that my brother trusted. That night on the astronomy tower I was the one who killed Dumbledore. The image of his lifeless body flashed in my eyes, the dead Carrow outside flashed in my head. I was a killer.

I met his eyes and looked down at the floor, he did all he good which was hold out his wand but professor Mcgonagall pushed me and my brother out the way. She started throwing spells at him but he just deflected them. Harry tapped my arm, 'Hey, you came' I nodded holding back tears. 'Yeah, I promised didn't I?' Snape smashing out of a window broke our eye contact to where he had vanished and in that moment I heard his cold voice but it wasn't just be who could hear it. Everyone could.

I know that many of you will want to fight, some of you might even think to fight is wise. But this is folly, give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed; give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour'' I looked at my brother again and gave him a sad look. 'Someone get him!' One of the first year Slytherins shouted and I glared at him until he cowered back down. 'STUDENTS OUT OF BED!' Filch yelled running down the corridor into the hall. 'They're meant to be out of bed you blithering idiot' She shouted 'But whilst you're here take Edward and the other Slytherin's to the dungeon' I stepped forward along with Pansy, Blaise and Theo. 'Whoever wants to go to the dungeons to hide can but this is our home to'

McGonagall opened her mouth to say something but no words came out she just nodded, I watched as a few first years and second years left with Filch but the rest of us stayed and shook our heads. I gave Pansy and the boys a smile, I gave Harry one last look whilst he discussed with McGonagall what we needed I scurried over to my friends. 'Where's Draco?' Blaise asked concerned for his best friend 'Yeah, is he on our side or is he still...' theo trailed off. I looked at the floor then back up, 'I don't know where he stands, I ended us a couple hours ago, haven't seen him since'

Pansy frowned 'what, y/n why would you?' I shook my head. 'We're not exactly on the same side so I thought until all of, this was over I would keep my distance' none of them said anything else we just walked with the other students who were all preparing things. 'Apparently whatever it is has something to do with Ravenclaw' I explained 'So you get any ideas let me know' They nodded and the boys turned right where as Pansy and I turned left. 'Where we going?' She asked. I turned to her, 'our dorm room' she grabbed my arm. 'No there's no point they burned all your stuff that was left ages ago' I gulped 'right of course they did' she hugged me tight 'Go find Fred and George, I'll find you in the battle if you need help' I nodded and she started walking off 'P!' As she whipped around I smiled 'I love you' she gave a small smile in return 'love you too y/f/l'.