26

" 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕

" 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕. 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕 "

I huffed clearly upset about being where I was 'Come on it will be fun' Hermione insisted, I was extremely shocked when Hermione and Pansy agreed to get along for a day so we could go dress shopping, they had bickered a little on the way but not too much. 'This is so stupid' Pansy hit my arm 'It is not! Also you need a date I assume you're going with Draco' My mouth hung open 'I didn't think so I assumed I'd go with Fred if no one asked' Hermione and Pansy both just stopped walking and shared a knowing look which was odd considering they hated each other. 'What?' Hermione just shook her head 'I just thought you and Draco that's all'  I rolled my eyes 'no, I've already told you there's nothing there'. 

I shut down the situation quickly because the past week I had been trying to ignore Draco almost because it was true I had developed feelings for him, feelings that I didn't want so I tried my best to push down, I had so many things to worry about, I had already sent a letter to Sirius about my hair strand and if he knew anything, I had a stupid egg to figure out considering it just screamed, like what kind of clue was that? I sighed but walked into Cordelia's Gown shop I squeezed my eyes shut preparing for the amount of dress trying on that was about to happen. 'Come on' Hermione giggled dragging me to the counter where I'm guessing Cordelia stood, she took in the three of us and smirked, 'Come on girls, this should be fun'.

The three of us followed her through Hermione going first, the first dress she came out in was a red tight mermaid dress and Pansy pulled a kind of absolutely not face and I looked the same 'I don't think red, stop thinking Gryffindor and think Hermione' I advised her and she seemed to understand, she turned back to Cordelia and whispered somethings. I took this as a moment to really look at the woman, she seemed young in her late 20's perhaps her hair a bright blue which was extremely startling, she wore a short pink dress which contrasted her hair. She was a pretty girl and I'm sure she attracted a lot of male attention. She was the kind of girl I would get jealous of when she talked to Draco, wait no. I wouldn't care. I groaned getting Pansy's attention 'problem y/n?'

I shook my head quickly 'none at all just thinking about the essay Snape set' Pansy raised her eyebrows 'Hm funny that I don't remember him setting any essay' I mentally cursed myself 'So whats the real issue?' I sighed and looked up at her 'Well I just think, It's nothing' Pansy scolded me 'Tell me' I bit the inside of my mouth and decided it was worth telling her so she could help me get over him 'Look, I think I-' Hermione walked out in a beautiful light blue, layered waterfall dress. I gasped, 'you look gorgeous' Hermione got all flustered making me chuckle 'As much as I don't like to admit it the mud-, Hermione sorry looks really pretty' Hermione bowed her head clearly glad Pansy hadn't called her a mudblood. This was true improvement. 'A beautiful periwinkle' Cordelia exclaimed I nodded and Hermione quickly changed back to her other clothes 'Your turn P'.

Pansy wanted a dark green dress which I understood even though I had advised Hermione not to go for house colours, I felt to Pansy she was just Slytherin and I knew it suited her. I was waiting with Hermione the two of us talking about some sort of lesson we had when Pansy walked out in a dark green dress which clung to her skin and made her curves stand out, it complimented her black bob and she clearly liked it as she had the biggest grin on her face. 'You look delightful' Hermione chirped, Pansy and I shared a smirk at how she spoke. 'She is right though, you look beautiful' Pansy tucked her hair behind her ear smiling, 'thank you and now the bit I've been looking forward too Go find a dress' I pulled a pained face but got up and followed Cordelia.

'Hello Miss Potter' She grinned taking me into a slightly smaller room, 'What house is the person you're going with in' I gulped 'I um don't know yet but I don't want to go according to them' Cordelia smirked 'I like your independence. Do you have a preferable colour?' I shook my head 'not yet I think I'll know after just trying one' She waved her wand and a dress appeared on a coat hanger the colour and shape started changing before it finally decided on one. It was a long white halter dress, she waved her wand for a second time and it appeared on my body, she waved her wand for the last time and it tightened fitting me. I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked horrific. I left the room and looked at Pansy and Hermione, 'No' I announced before they could say anything. They laughed but I turned to try something else.

'I think black' Cordelia nodded thinking about it for a few moments and changed the dress I was wearing to a simple black ballgown with a plunging neckline, My boobs were definitely on show which I'm sure Draco would complain about, I then scolded myself for thinking about that. 'Wait' Cordelia stuck up her hand and waved her wand up and down the gown, silver detailing. I smiled at my reflection, 'I like it' I walked up to the podium and saw the girls beaming 'You look... wow' I bit my lip still smiling. 'That. It's perfect.' I brushed down the dress and smiled at Cordelia 'Thank you for the dresses' She nodded and I paid for all three of them as a treat to the girl. We walked out of the shop with our dresses wrapped and in a bag  and hidden from the world. A certain bright hair ginger caught my eye, 'Can you take this back to the castle I'll meet you there' They nodded and Pansy whispered in my ear, 'I'm never spending time with the mudblood again' I hit her and gave her a warning look before running up to him. 'Fred!'

[A/N] Hermione's dress was originally periwinkle in the book so I made it like this now, same dress just different colour.