48

" 𝑰 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒎 "

I didn't come to madam Puddifoot's tea shop often, actually I didn't ever come, but today I needed some tea to get my mind off things. Umbitch had started a "inquisitorial squad" and every single one of my house friends had joined, the only one with sense was Pansy who still thought she was a dickhead and refused to be apart of it. I was currently sat opposite the twins, I was grimacing and they were grimacing with me. To make matters worse they were leaving early, they were leaving me alone. Just weeks ago everything had seemed so perfect but now not so. I had sent a letter to Sirius about it all but he didn't have much advice. I felt quite hopeless.

'I just can't believe him' I spoke, these were the first words I had produced in an hour 'y/n/n' Fred tried but I shrugged him away. 'After everything' I whispered moving my cup around in a small circle. 'Promise me you'll write' I looked up at both of them tears in my eyes. 'of course we will' George reassured me smiling. They took one hand each squeezing it tight, 'We'll send you freebies as well' Fred smirked in an attempt at cheering me up. 'Look you two need to head back for a meeting with your group but uh, what if I maybe come with you?' I pondered out loud. I had nothing to lose, I already wasn't talking to my real friends. Both boys nodded eagerly jumping up to take me with them to their little secret meetings. I'm sure my brother would be delighted to see me.

We snuck in and everyone froze at the sight of me, 'What is she doing here?' My brother asked harsh and quickly. Fred tried to reply but I beat him too it, 'I've known for weeks, fuck, I've even covered for you ' Everyone looked at each other confused, 'what?' Harry quizzed. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. 'You think my boyfriend just randomly disappeared for an hour when you had a meeting and he was meant to be patrolling this hallway? Now, you're doing patronus' and I'm not too shit, so let me help' The last sentence was difficult to get out with my voice hurting but I managed. 'Okay fine you can help' Harry huffed smiling just a little bit. Once he was finished explaining to the others I nudged him a little, 'you did miss me right' He inclined his head ever so slightly. 'maybe I did'.

We spent the hour trying to get the others to conjure a patronus but it definitely needed some practice Harry was finishing up when a first year called 'y/n can we see yours!' Harry looked at me curiously. I bowed my hand and held out my wand. 'expecto patronum' I whispered. My mind flicked through so many memories, with Draco, Sirius, Remus, Hermione. The bear ran around knocking several people over, the 3 butterflies sharing themselves between the twins and myself. The bear started nudging Harry. I smiled and thought of another memory; it was Cedric and I in the bath splashing water and giggling. At first I smiled but the I felt a wave of sorrow. Cedric. My patronus withered out and I smiled putting my wand away. 'Eventually that's what everyone's will be like. So I will see you all next week'. Harry announced.

I moved to leave with everyone else but Harry grabbed my hand and I froze. A little part of me knew we would have this kind of conversation but I still wanted to avoid it. 'Hey I'm glad you came and I'm sorry about being a dick. You clearly like him and he makes you happy' He huffed 'So I really am sorry' I nodded and looked back from the floor. 'You want me here next week or?' He nodded 'yes I do. You helped a lot today, so uh want to put your name on the list' I smiled nodding 'Yeah I think I would like that a lot'.

I wandered into the common room ignoring my friends sat by the fire place I tried to walk past but I go shouted at to come back 'y/n!' Pansy yelled. I whipped back around and they all looked at the floor. All but one, one platinum blonde boy who was looking right into my eyes. 'Yes?' Pansy looked up at me for a second 'We think we found something on your brothers club' I nodded 'sure okay, goodnight' Malfoy grabbed my arm. 'y/n' His voice was dark but I shrugged him off. 'goodnight' I replied coldly. I walked away but he followed me, I hadn't even made it half way up when I was being pinned to the wall. 'Where were you' I scrunched up my nose. 'Why, I assume you didn't miss me as you were too busy with Umbridge' He growled.

'Is that what this is about?' He spat making me shiver a little, 'yes that is exactly what this is about' He leaned closer 'Why?' I looked back at him with a straight face. 'She blames Cedric's death as an accident' My mind flashed back to that night, I saw Cedric's cold body. 'I won't have his death put to shame and it makes you embarrassed to be associated with my own friends, the people I call family' I tried to duck under but Draco pulled me close to him. 'We're good.' He wasn't questioning it he was stating. I shook my head 'are we?' He growled and grabbed my chin pulling my face up to his. 'Yes we are' I shuddered but leaned so closer we couldn't get any closer. 'No. We are not and you have no authority to tell me we are' He pushed me back to the wall 'I have every authority' I pushed him away again. 'Goodnight.'

[A/N] the angsttttt