37

" 𝑰- 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 "

" 𝑰- 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 "

I couldn't see much but I could see a little out the corner of my eye, Voldemort was no longer a little disgusting baby like thing, he was fully grown, a man. Without a fucking nose as well. A black smoke started spreading round, seconds later people appeared where the smoke had been. 'Welcome my friends. Thirty years it's been, and yet you stand before me as though it were only yesterday. I confess myself disappointed, not one of you tried to find me' His voice made me squirm, which made my throat burn, and myself possibly die quicker. 'Not even you..' He paused 'Lucius' I cringed my nose my face in a deep frown. I could never tell Draco about this, it would destroy him.

My vision blacked out for a moment, I opened my eyes still feeling the agony at my throat, 'Ah such beautiful people' Voldemort leaned over us his ice hands pushing my throat. I squealed in pain urging it to stop, my vision started blacking again. 'Stop! Stop! Get off her!' Harry screeched making Voldemort turned towards my brother creeping over to him. 'Harry! I'd almost forgotten you were here. Standing on the bones of my father. I'd introduce you but word has it you're almost as famous as me these days. The twins who lived. How lies have fed your legend Harry and y/n. Shall I reveal what really happened that night thirteen years ago? Shall I divulge how I truly lost my powers? It was love. You see when dear sweet Lily Potter gave her life for her poor twins she provided the ultimate protection. I could not touch you. It was old magic, something I should have forseen. But no matter, no matter. Things have changed'

 He held his finger to Harry's forehead. 'I can touch you now!' The second his finger touched his forehead I had a burning sensation around my body, I let out a weak scream because it wasn't very powerful, my voice was croaky and I wished it wouldn't completely go. 'Astonishing what a few drops of your blood will do eh Harry? Pick up your wand Potter. I said pick it up, get up. Get up! You've been taught how to duel I presume yes?' He yanked him off the statue and threw him onto the floor. I cried out a small noise and squeezed Cedric's limp hand in mine. 'I said bow!' He flicked his wand making Harry bow down. 'That's better and now'. He pointed his wand.

'your parents would be proud. Especially your filthy mongrel mother. I'm going to kill you Harry Potter, I'm going to destroy you. After tonight no one will ever again question my powers. After tonight if they speak of you they'll speak only of how you begged for death, and I being a merciful lord obliged. Your sister will just be left to bleed out, she is too powerful, if she learns how to control magic she can defeat all. She can bleed out but you. You die now' Harry attempted to crawl towards Cedric and I. 'Don't you turn your back on me Harry Potter I want you to look at me when I kill you, I want to see the lights leave your eyes' I closed my eyes and let a single tear roll down. The pain from the cut was unbearable, and the thought of Harry dying made me just a little emotional.  

'Have it your way' My brother snarled turning to face him 'Harry' I choked out but it was no use, he couldn't hear me. I tipped my head back and thought of things to make me happy so I didn't have to think about Harry's screams as he died. I thought of my kiss with Draco last night, I thought of the quidditch world cup with Fred and George, how hard I laughed. I thought to Cedric and I in the bath splashing each other, oh Cedric, now he was gone. I opened my eyes and my heart ached. I glanced at Harry who was surrounded by a huge bubble and their were ghosts next to him, my parents and Cedric? My mother turned to me her voice was soft 'Reach out your hand for Harry, we can get you home quicker. You'll be okay' I gulped and felt throb of pain.

It felt like torment but I reached out my hand ready for when Harry moved away. He sprinted taking my hand, my other one still interlocked with Cedric's so all three of us got back. With a quick thud we were back onto the grassy floor, out of the maze, but not all of us the state we went in with. Harry was now hugging Cedric's body sobbing, Fleur screamed making everyone stop and start to notice, I squeezed my eyes shut, I couldn't hold on much longer. I gently pressed Cedric's hand for support as his father fell onto his son, Dumbledore talking to Harry about what happened demanding answers. 'I'm sorry' I whispered. Amos Diggory turned to look at me realising I was alive. 'oh y/n' I shook my head as much as I could. 'I should have saved him' He then shook his head. 'You did what you could'.

I closed my eyes wishing that this was all a dream that it could be over that Cedric wasn't dead and I wasn't on the verge of death. Madam Pomfrey dropped next to me Draco by my head holding my free hand. 'Hey accent you're gonna be fine' I let some more tears slip, I couldn't care how vulnerable I looked. Madam Pomfrey held a gauze to my neck making me open my mouth to cry out but nothing came out. 'We need to get her to the hospital now!' She demanded. Draco put his hands under me 'I can carry her lets go' He lifted me up making me grunt softly. Pansy was by his side with Blaise and Knott keeping her from breaking down. 'I'm sorry' I said but Draco shushed me stroking my hair, 'Nothing was your fault tonight' I frowned 'He's back and I laid there and let Cedric died' Pansy said something before Draco could. 'y/f/n you did everything you could' I closed my eyes my vision getting black spots. 'I didn't a-and' I paused trying to get the words out because I was struggling 'I-I'm sorry' I closed my eyes ready to go now. 'Keep her awake!' Someone insisted but I couldn't anymore. I gave up.

|||

I could hear slight chatter but I couldn't see anything, 'She would want to be there' I needed to open my eyes, sit up and god drink some water I was so thirsty. Just at that moment I felt a horrible pain in my throat. I opened my eyes to see Draco and Pansy bickering, Blaise and Theo sat with a bored expression. I needed water right now, I waved my hand catching everyone's attention, I motioned for water as my voice wasn't working. Draco rushed to get some water, he handed it to me and I carefully opened my mouth and poured the water in. I smiled at the refreshing feeling, I then remembered everything and why I couldn't speak. And Cedric. I tipped my head back, 'I-' My voice was so quiet it shocked me.

'What do I want to be at?' My voice was barely recognisable, 'Cedric's funeral' Pansy grimaced, 'you woke up just in time' Theo chipped in. I bit my lip and nodded 'I have to go, Draco' He looked terribly upset but nodded. 'We'll be there the whole time, all four of us, Merlin, even your brother and his friends. The twins have been worried about you as well' I smiled softly thinking about the boys. 'help - me' My sentence was broken up but Draco rushed to my side and held out his arm, I took it and he helped me to the great hall.

' Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see. The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory' I gripped on to Draco's hand holding on tight. 'Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end.'

 I let one single tear slip. I leaned my head on Draco's shoulder not caring what anyone thought and trying to ignore the pain my neck was feeling. We walked back to the common room Draco helping me until I stopped. 'Promise' I stopped 'Promise you'll all write this summer, all of you.' They all nodded realising we needed each other a lot this next year. 'We're in this together' Blaise said smiling. 'We'll always have each other' Theo added 'And we look after each other' pansy chirped in, all of us now smiling even Draco was. 'We promise.' He said finally. 'We promise.' The four of us chanted in unison. 'now, lets go home',

end of goblet of fire