79

" 𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝑰'𝒎 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 "

I was struggling to catch my breath again as I stumbled after the trip who were bickering about whether or not to go back to Hogwarts. 'I did it' I muttered over and over like a crazy person. 'I did it, I did it, I did it' Ron nodded next to me 'Uh yes y/n' He patted my back but I just shrugged him off and kept muttering before my brother turned. 'So the plan is we go back' My brother announced. I shook my head 'I'm not going back there' Harry reached out his hand 'yeah. You are, one of the last horcrux's is there' I shook my head again 'We still have 2 more after that!' I yelled and then my throat hitched.

2 more. There were two of us. Harry and I, maybe Voldemort didn't know it was us but it was. I opened my mouth but no sound came out, it hurt to know that all this work and we were going to die. I shook my head, 'I'll meet you there, there is something I have to do' He searched my eyes and realised there was no changing my mind. 'Okay.' I nodded 'Okay' The three grouped together but I reached out for Harry's hand 'Good luck Haz' He nodded 'You too, but promise you'll be there when I need you' I bowed my head confirming. 'Promise.'

They apparated away and so did I, I stumbled upon my arrival but looked up at a place I felt like home at. 'Ah there you are little one!' I let myself smile at his voice. 'Fredrick' He shook his head at the nickname and hugged me tight. 'George!' He rushed down the front steps and hugged me. 'We were just leaving, word is the Order is needed at Hogwarts and we're part of it so we are just heading there' I shook my head, 'What?' Fred laid a hand on my shoulder, 'It's beginning, the end of the war' I cupped their faces 'No, its dangerous' They both chuckled 'And we suspect to see you there' I bit my lip in worry. 'Just tell me you'll be okay' Fred kissed my forehead 'We will be okay' I nodded and let them apparate.

I had a sinking feeling whilst I watched the boys apparate away, I had a feeling that next time I saw them, they would be injured and I didn't like that feeling. I had to get to him, I had to do what was necessary no matter the consequences. I had to do what was best for not just me but him. He needed better and I couldn't have both. I couldn't love Draco and be good, I had to make a choice and it wasn't going to him, I couldn't pick him over the whole wizarding world. I had to let him go, he had to be happy.

I flew into Draco's window and landed on the book he was reading, it made his face light up and my heart drop. I changed back and perched on the end of his bed, he rolled over to me putting his hand on my shoulder. 'Accent?' I gulped and looked back at him. 'You remember when you broke up with me last year, in the summer' He nodded and slipped his hand into mine, I didn't move; I just kept it there still in his hand. 'You did it to protect me, right' He hummed 'What's this about?' I turned to look him in the eyes. 'Well now I'm protecting you' I cupped his face in my small hands. 'I love you so much Draco, but this can't work. You, me we can't work' He slid next to me on his knees. 'No,no,no y/n/n' I furrowed my brows in pain, 'I don't want to-'He stopped me 'Then don't!' I leaned my head back and grabbed his face placing a forceful kiss on his lips. 'I love you, you were, are the right person but the wrong time' He stood back up pulling me into his chest into a hug. He muttered into my hair sobbing 'Please don't leave me y/n' I caressed his cheek. 'Its not for long, I love you softie' He leaned back and kissed my forehead. 'We will be together y/n because I love you' I let the tears well up in my eyes and I let them fall. I lost him, not forever but for now. It was to keep him okay, until this war was over.

[A/N] I know this is shorter sorry but it do be sad and I may have another out tomorrow but we're close to the end, start of the battle begins next