epilogue

19 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

19 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

I was walking to the train station with Pansy, we were dropping off her child, I was 37 and fuck was I getting old. Pansy had told me to brace myself because Draco would be there. We hadn't spoken in three years and every time I thought of him it hurt. How had so much love gone to waste, I mean yes it was completely my fault that I cut him off because I was too terrified of losing him. I wasn't even sure if I could see him with out wanting to run up to him and kiss him. We walked in and at first I saw my brother and smiled at him we both did a light nod knowing that nothing was wrong with the world at least that was his view. The second I laid my eyes on the 2 people next to him that was it I ran away just like always.

He caught up with me grabbing my hand and spinning me round. He pulled me into his arms hugging me tight in the middle of the muggle street. 'I never did understand why you never married me' he whispered to me 'I was to broken after the war, the thought of marriage made me sick' draco shook his head 'no, there was something else' I smiled a little 'you deserved better, you deserved normal' he looked down his eyes searching my face 'you know I still love you and think of you all the time' I moved my hands to his cheeks. 'I'm not saying I don't love you draco because I do, I'm just too fragile' he nodded solemnly 'I know' we both paused staring into one another's eyes 'I believe we were soulmates' I finally admitted

'I think so too, I think we still are because I would leave everything for you in seconds it's always been like that' I nodded at him 'not all soulmates end their journey together' I whispered looking at the face I once loved and still do. 'I'll always be here' he said 'our journey isn't over I know it' I tried to smile 'but until it continues I think this is goodbye' I leaned up softly pressing my lips to his the familiar rush filling my body 'not all stories have happy endings' I let a tear slip down my face. 'I love you soft boy' he kissed my forehead 'I love you accent' I took in his face one more time before turning to leave. I walked away from the boy I had always loved, the boy who I would never stop having feelings for; I walked away my heart full of regret thinking of the what ifs. I don't know if I would ever face him again but I was okay with knowing he was my soulmate. Draco Malfoy was my soulmate and I had gotten to fall in love with him. If I could do it over again I wouldn't change a thing. I would always love draco malfoy.

I walked home into my lonely lonely house. Theo had move out of our studio apartment years ago , I slumped down on the old sofa and started to sob. Why am I such an idiot and why can't I just let myself love again everything is over it's all okay again. I let out a scream of frustration and ran out, I kept running and running knowing exactly where I was going. I walked into the graveyard and sat by his grave. I cried told Fred my issues even if he wasn't listening. I moved to leave when a shiny rock caught my eye, 'there's no way' I muttered. I reached out my hand and touched it. Upon seeing his cheeky face I jumped back yelping. 'Fred' I whispered and jumped forward to hold onto it. 'Harry' he confirmed his voice full of joy.

'I do hear you y'know when you come here and complain, you'd think that after surviving the war you'd be a more open and happy' I sighed 'yeah huh' he chuckled that laugh I missed so badly 'you remember forth year?' I gulped but nodded. 'Well during the Yule ball we went up to the astronomy tower and what did I do' I frowned 'yes' he crossed his legs 'well I told you to express your feelings and due to some complications it took a while but it worked did it not?' I stuttered 'well yes but I'm 37 it's a little different' he tilted his head in a chiding way. 'We both know it's not' I groaned and got uncomfortable like a 4 year old. 'I also happen to know that daphne green grass died whilst giving birth' my mouth hung open. 'Go' he whispered.

'I love you Fred weasley' he chuckled 'love you too' I stuffed the rock into my pocket because I was absolutely keeping that. I was running at a great speed before I stopped out of breath. 'I'm insane' I muttered. I cast a invisibility spell and turned into a bear. It had been years since I'd turned but the thrill was just as amazing as I had the wind go through my fur. I got to the door and changed back before knocking like an insane person. He opened the door and I felt myself freeze up. He raised his brows obviously not expecting me after what I had said. 'Fuck it, everything I said about not now. We're soulmates and it's now not in another life' I watched his face light up. 'You're serious accent' I nodded 'more than anything' I watched as for the second time in my life he got down on one knee.

He pulled out the same ring from the first time and I chuckled at the thought of him keeping it in his pocket at all times, of course he would that's so him. 'Y/n Potter. Become y/n Malfoy for me. Marry me?' I nodded over and over. 'Absolutely' I leaned up to kiss him and I felt the cold pleasing lips I had mourned for, for years. 'I love you' we said in unison making me giggle. 'You always we're going to be for me y/n, you're just different'

one ending of different [d.m]