11

" 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒐𝒌 "

" 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒐𝒌 "

Harry's pov 

We were walking down to Hagrid's and of course Malfoy was there with his little disciples 'Ah come to see the show' he sneered Hermione rushed down pointing her wand to him 'you! you foul, loathsome evil little cockroach' She had her wand to his neck as he quivered in fear at Hermione what does y/n see in him he truly is a git. 'Hermione no, he's not worth it' He laughed as she backed down 'Potter you and your sister really shouldn't get so attached to the bird seeing as well you know its dead meat' Hermione turned punching him square in the face. 'Argh!' He screeched running off with his two friends 'Not a word to anyone understand?' I grinned at Hermione who shared the same look of happiness. 'That felt good' She admitted and Ron beamed 'not good, brilliant' I laughed following them down to Hagrids. We got there just as y/n was landing with Buckbeak, 'go in I uh we will catch up' They nodded and headed in 'hey y/n'.

y/n's pov

I woke up rubbing my eyes I could see Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle in the distance, I frowned and nudged Buckbeak, 'one last ride?' My eyes were welled up with tears bu Buckbeak bowed his head and I grinned ear to ear helping myself onto his back, 'let's go across the lake' I whispered to him even if deep down I knew he couldn't hear me, Buckbeak squawked and ran taking off high into the sky. I lifted my hands from around his neck and screamed in joy, the feeling of flying Buckbeak was different to a broom, you weren't as in control and you were going faster, it was a feeling that could help me cast a patronus, that kind of feeling. He skimmed the lake the water spitting back at me. I leaned back and kissed the side of his face 'come on its nearly time' Buckbeak landed safely and to my surprise Harry was stood in front of me.

 'hey' I tried to smile at him but my mood was far too miserable 'hey' I stroked Buckbeak and retied him to the wooden pole, 'I uh, I wanted to say I'm sorry for everything this year I was so caught up with you being Slytherin and I assumed you would be terrible like the rest of them and I'm sorry I want to be good for next year' He stopped letting out some breath 'It's ok' My voice was a hoarse whisper there was no hiding the fact I had been weak and been crying. I wrapped my arms around his torso and let out a sob into his chest, he wasn't as tall as Draco but everyone was taller than me. Our hug this time wasn't as awkward as the first he was rubbing his arm up and down my back in comfort as I sobbed over the future loss of my friend. 

'It's going to be okay' Harry tried to reason with me, I choked out a laugh 'no its not it really really isn't its stupid but the animal is all I have' Harry was stroking my arm 'it's not stupid but we're going to be close now and you can talk to me or the twins or Merlin forbid Malfoy or Pansy' I sniffed and rubbed my nose 'Draco and I aren't really talking right now but I'll say the same thing to you that I will him at some point, feel free to feud or whatever but when it comes to me if I'm okay with you my relationship with the other shouldn't change that' Harry rolled his eyes but nodded. 'now come on we really should go talk to Hagrid' I insisted.

'Why don't we just set him free' Harry asked announcing our presence, 'They'd know it was me, and then Dumbledore would get in trouble, he's coming down, Dumbledore says he wants to be with me. When it happens' I winced at the thought of Buckbeak lying cold and lifeless. 'We'll stay with you too Hagrid' Hermione exclaimed I sighed already knowing I had tried this and failed, 'You'll do no such thing' I frowned huffing and plopping down on the floor Fangs coming beside me sitting across my lap. 'You just drink your tea and be off. Oh. Before you do, Ron...' Hagrid took a small rat out of a pot and handed it to Ronald. 'Scabbers! Your alive!' I stifled a laugh at his excitement for the rat and then my mind wandered back to Sirius. That was no rat that rat killed my parents. 

I jumped up knocking Fangs off me. 'You're rat may I see it?' Ron pulled a face but handed me the rat as him and Hermione argued over why he was missing in the first place. The stupid thing struggled in my grip as I assessed it coming across the toes. Sirius was right there was only 9. I moved over to Harry and leaned up to my tip toes to whisper something to him 'We need to talk later it's vital' I tried to get some urgency in my voice so he understood. He nodded and I stuck out my arm returning Peter to Ron.

A vase next to me shattered causing me to shriek, Another rock came flying in hitting Harry 'Ow!' I looked out the window to see Cornelius Fudge, Dumbledore and the executioner I flinched and felt Harry pull my arm 'we need to go' I shot a look of pain to Hagrid who forced a smile to me 'It's going to be fine, he really loves you y/n/n' I nodded and closed my eyes feeling a pang at my heart. 'come on' Harry pulled my arm and I snuck out to go behind the pumpkins with the trio. 'y/n' I shook my head and swallowed nothing. 'can we please just go' I didn't even recognise my own voice. The trio started making their way up but I quickly sprinted back down kissing Buckbeak's head before running off not giving him another look.