Chapter 9 Let's get This Over with

I rode Stormcloud back to the village. Bottonlout was long gone. I wanted to go home and go to bed early and just do nothing for a change. But being a viking there was always something to do. Like something I just now remembered when I saw a carriage pulled by two Speed Stingers. I immediately climbed on Stormcloud's back.

"Go to the house, girl, fast!" At my command Stormcloud raced to my home, she stiffly flapped her wings to gain speed. Once we got there I motioned for her to stay where she was while I was racing to my room. The house was empty which was normal in the middle of the day.

In my room I made a beeline for my desk. I slid open drawers, moved books and paper, yet I couldn't find my journal. A purr sounded behind me and I turned around. Stormcloud was sitting neatly in the doorway. In her jaws was my journal.

"Thanks Stormcloud. " I said as I took the journal from her mouth. once on the door I started running for the hospital.

"Tigerlily? And Spike?" I thought as I made it to the entrance. I Changewing and a Deadly Nadder standing side by side outside. "Stormcloud, stay here." I scratched her head and walked inside.

I was greeted by a yellow headed Gruff. I patted her on the head and quickly made my way to Scythe's bed. When I got there I saw Comet and Bottonlout standing on both sides of the bed looking down at Scythe.
"Whatdid you do!"I sternly said.

"We weren't doing anything." Bottonlout said.

"Then why are you here? " I asked.

"Is it so wrong we want to check up on this poor patient?" Comet inocently asked.

"He won't be a patient for long."A voice said. We turned around and saw the nurse standing,with a now purple headed Gruff, behind us. "He'll be going to the jail tomorrow, now that he's fine."

I felt kind of sad at her words for some reason. I geuss it was because I didn't want to be stuck with Bottonlout and Comet again.

"Will Freya still be coming around every day?" Scythe asked.

"Well, that's up to her father." With that the nurse left. I spotted a chair that up against the wall and sat in it.

"Okay what are you guys really doing here?" I said once the nurse was out of earshot. Comet pointed to Bottonloout. I turned my glare to him waiting for an answer.

"I don't trust him. And I don't trust you either."

"She nearly killed me. Twice. Plus she has the black beast at her beckon call. I'm not going to do anything." Scythe said.

"Call her a beast again and you'll be at a guillotine." I threatened.

"Three times." Scythe said.

"He has a point, but now that I'm here I'll just stay here." Comet said. After minutes of nothing but breathing, I ended up getting out my journal and writing.

"What's that?" A voice asked. I looked up and saw Scythe looking at me.

"Non of your business." I heard Bottonlout say.

"Don't answer for me. It's my journal." I added to Scythe.

"What's it for?"

"Writing, drawing, observing." I listed.

"I'm bored!" Comet wined.

"We all are." Scythe said. The vibrating floor silenced all of us. As we all peered around the wall that seperated the beds a smile spread across my face. Stormcloud came bounding down the hall along with Tigerlily and Spike.

"Hey girl how did you even get in here." Stormcloud kept looking at the door and back. "What is it?"

"Hey stop that." Comet said. I looked over at him and saw Tigerlily tugging on his shirt. I figured out what they were trying to tell us.

"What are those things doing?" Scythe said.

"I think they want us to go outside." I said.

"Shouldn't you be telling them what to do?" He said.

"If your're going to stay here you really got to learn about how dragons work." Comet explained.

"Forget about that let's just go outside." The four of us made our way out the front door. "Oh my gods." In the sky were dozens of dragons, none of them from the island, steadily making their way to the island.

"What's happenning? Scythe rasped.

"An attack?" Bottonlout suggested.

"A clue." I said.

'What's going on with the dragons?' I wrote in the journal. "Scythe come with me?" I said

"Where?"

"To town hall."

"Why him?" Comet asked.

"Because I don't trust you three alone together."

"You weren't with us when you first came in the hospital." Bottonlout said.

"Look, we really don't have time for this and I don't trust you three together so Scythe is coming with me." I grabbed his hand and ran to the town hall. If I was right this must have something to do with the Phlegma's Teerors dissapearing, but what was happeneing?