Chapter 1

Can I see your smile once?

It was a very usual morning for Hyejin. Woke up to the blinding sun and streched non-stop, hoping to land back to her unknown dream. "It's Monday—again uh." She groaned and finally went to the kitchen just to find out his brother was cooking her a breakfast.

"Morn' sis."

"How's your sleep last night?"

"Shut up, Jisung. You know how much I hate going to school on Monday."

Yes, Han Jisung. He's her brother but unfortunately they're not going to the same school. Hyejin didn't even know why did her parents let him to study at SOPA and she's still salty about that.

"Now go and take a shower, I'll prepare your lunchbox."

After done all of the Monday morning routine, they immediately went to the car and went to the school which is only about 10 minutes ride from home. Hyejin sighed knowing today she needs to be alone in the class—she blame Soojin for this.

"Now sweetie, have a nice day and do NOT do anything stupid at school. We don't want me, your brother to come again for the nth time."
She's actually quite a trouble maker, in a good way. But sometimes it get worse.

"Okay Mr. Han. Now let me go, bye!"

She hoped out the car and entered the school calmly not knowing what will happen today.

The classroom was still quiet so she sat down on her table beside the big window of the classroom and picking out her books. Suddenly, a loud voice was heard from meters away.

"Jeno, come on man. Why don't you just teach her a lesson, bro!" Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that loud ass guy was Donghyuck or you can just call him Haechan. He made up that name since he found out the meaning go well with his—actually—bright personality.

"Bro, for real—she spilled the milk on your bag. You usually aren't like this." Jaemin ranted.

"Guys, let's not be loud, okay? My ears are bleeding right now." Renjun sat down on his table.

"Okay, boomer. Now I gotta go to my class, bye bye fools." And the tall guy was Jisung, Park Jisung, don't get me wrong. To Hyejin, Han Jisung is way more decent than the Park Jisung.

Hyejin was annoyed but decided to keep quiet because she didn't want to mess up with the school bad boys. Yes, bad boys. She was actually still wondering why are they so smart yet so stupid.

"Can you guys shut the fuck up?"

"I am seriously not in a mood to fight with anyone." Jeno suddenly speak up. Looks like he was having a bad morning, no, every morning.

"Woah, calm down, man. I was just worried of you."

Not long after the scene, Mr. Kim entered the class with full of spirit, making everyone shocked and finding their seats. The teacher stared into everyone's eyes before he inhaled sharply, letting out his loud vocals about the 'interesting' things he wanted to share to his whole class.

"Now, class do you guys remember what did I told you about this week?" Everyone was dead silent, till Jaemin shouted. "Probably a boring group assignment I guess."

"Absolutely right, Jaemin, but this time I'm sure you'll be as excited as me."

Hyejin was nervous, she knows what Mr. Kim would do. She didn't want to be away from her best friend, Soojin, who's currently at Busan meeting her relatives.

"Now kids, let me pair you up in a group of two. You guys have a month to prepare a project about 'LOVE YOURSELF'. You can do whatever you want and that's it—no more objection!"

Hyejin groaned as Mr. Kim left the class and now it's time for the forbidden group pairing. "Okay guys, listen here. As a class president, I will pair your names in this box to know who were you destined with."

"Can I have my girlfriend, Yeonjun?"

"No, Renjun you don't even have one." The whole class laughed except for the bad boy, Lee Jeno. He looked so mesmerizing, the jawline, the perfectly shaped nose and the red lips. But sadly, he's just a bad person.

"Now, for the 7th pair it's going to be... Han Hyejin and... woah, Lee Jeno."

Hyejin was malfunctioned for a moment. The whole class went silent, some were whispering to each other. Probably girls.

"Oh my God the school's good student and a school's bad boy... what a pair..."

"Let's pray for her soul, guys."

"Remember Haesoo? She almost left this school because of Jeno."

She met his cold, dark eyes. And that was the moment she knew, she fucked up.

🏴