Chapter 49

Please Don't Cry.

Yes, again and again. Jeno kept on ignoring the confused Hyejin—she was currently crying on her brother's lap, hoping for everything to get better. Sadly, it seems like it won't for now, or maybe, for a long time because Jeno is Jeno.

"Jisung, I don't know why but I hate myself,"

She cried again, Jisung caressed her hair softly. He didn't knew what he really need to do since he was never been in this phase of love. He could only calm her down, singing her lullabies to sooth her heart.

"No need to hate yourself, there must be some misunderstanding between you two." Hyejin finally sat up and checked on her dry phone. No chats, no calls and not even a voicemail. It's been two freaking days, call her dramatic but Jeno who is bad at expressing himself made her sad and wronged.

Only Jeno and God know what was Hyejin's fault this time.

"I hate seeing him cold, for real. He looked like he was about to shout at me. And I am clueless..." Clutching onto Jisung's sleeve, she buried her head into her brother's chest.

"You know what, sis? It's time to boss up."

She looked up at her brother, confused. Jisung showed his most infamous chubby smile.

"There's no need to be this sad, go to him. Step up!"

She looked down, scared to get any sequences from her sudden action. She was sad—of course—but she can't keep on being like this, looking all fragile, crybaby, too soft-hearted. Hyejin needs to collect back her braveness and power, that's the only way to break the silence.

Communication is the key, remember?

"Okay then, prepare your car. We'll be going to the Dreamies headquarter."

🏴

"Shit, where the hell is my blue hoodie?" Jeno kicked his own bed, clueless. The last time he saw the hoodie was at Hyejin's house—that made him went mad as hell. He shouldn't, but he thinks it's not the right time yet.

"Yo Jeno, why you mad son?"

"No need to ask." He spat out as he walked away from the room. Jaemin followed him all way to the kitchen, grabbing a box of apple juice. A long silence grew deeper, Jaemin heaved a low sigh as he faced the problematic one.

"Jeno, I guess you need to talk to her."

Jeno exhaled loudly, looking at his best friend. "I wanted to, but guess I got to wait a bit more. Honestly, I kind of, miss her too?"

Jaemin shook his head in disbelief. "Come on, Lee Jeno. Soobin is just her friend, let me rephrase it with caps fucking lock, CHILDHOOD FRIENDS."

Jeno stared into the kitchen counter with a heavy eyelids. It was true they were ignoring each other for almost three days. Not going to lie, he missed her—he missed how she would greet him early in the morning. The way she would randomly chat him silly things at 2 AM and of course, her smile and laughter.

"Let's—"

A knock was heard from the door. The house only contained of three members at the moment, the others were out to the grocery store to buy some needs.

"I'll go get the door." Jaemin excused himself, leaving Jeno all alone in the clean kitchen. As Jeno moved to the living room, he saw a girl who he secretly missed so much in his favourite blue hoodie. Yes, it was Hyejin.

Their eyes met in the awkward silence. Jaemin and Jisung excused theirselves, leaving the couples to go to Haechan's room. Hyejin made her way to the cold male, obviously, choosing to sit beside him—a pillow away. He threw his face onto the empty television in front of him trying to ignore her eye contact.

She started to tear up again, soft sobs were heard making the male turned his head to face her. He felt bad, guilty, no—it's even worse. He couldn't stand seeing her cry for something that was clearly not her fault. He shifted even closer, removing the pillow beside him. Hugging the fragile girl and kissed her forehead for a long period of time, the girl sobbed even louder.

"Please don't cry, my love."

The whisper made Hyejin stopped sobbing and immediately looked up at him with her glassy eyes. Jeno smiled, sweetly showing his pretty eye smile that Hyejin never stop admiring them.

"I am sorry, Jeno..."

Jeno looked away, he knew it wasn't her fault for their sudden distance. He sucked his breath roughly, staring deeply into his lover's eyes.

"I was madly jealous. It's not your fault though. I was overreacting and overthinking." Jeno finally let out his overwhelming feelings towards his girlfriend and yes, she was shocked.

"You mean, you were jealous of Soobin?"

He nodded, slowly. She chuckled softly making Jeno's eyebrows furrowed. Hyejin then wrapped her tiny arms around the bigger male.

"I love it when you are jealous but heck, I shouldn't do that again." They both laughed making their heart felt warm. Jeno's wound area felt pain again, it was the infect of being stabbed by those bastards that were hired by his own dad.

"Princess, my dad still aren't home yet. I hope he is fine." She widened her eyes in shock, leaving a small gasp.

"What? I mean why do you care that much about your dad? He even tried to kill you beacuse of a small thing. For God sake, Lee Jeno, are you even healthy?"

He chuckled bitterly, secretly agreeing the girl's words.

"I know, but he's still my dad. There must be reasons why he did that. Overbroad, I know but remember, I was once acting like that."

She rolled her eyeballs, annoyed. "Yeah, like father like son." She then ruffled his hair making him smiled cutely towards her. "We are good now, again?"

He teased her by looking away but not into her eyes. She exhaled loudly, standing up. "Guess I wouldn't see you anymore."

"Okay, okay. Yes we are good now, princess." He pulled the girl's hand, making their faces were only inches away. He left a peck on her nose, making her blushed madly.

"God, I was just pecking your nose and you were already as red as a tomato. I wonder how red you'll be if we make—"

"Shut the fuck up, Lee Jeno."

With that, the two lovers were chasing each other around the house. Let's say it kept on going until the boys came back home—only to see them wrestling the heck out of each other.

🏴