Chapter 29

It's all new for me, again.

Doyoung grabbed Jeno's hand to the very front area of the ballroom with Hyejin just following them since Doyoung insisted her to join the brothers. Hyejin took out her phone to call her brother but she already saw the figure she was searching for beside her mom, awkwardly laughing to what she assumed because of dad jokes he launched.

"Dad, I'm sorry we're late." Doyoung chuckled awkwardly and immediately greeted a pair of husband and wife in front of him.

"Dad, may I know who's this?" He asked politely, gesturing to Hyejin's parents sitting in the same table as the Lee family.

"Oops, my bad. I introduce you Mr. Han and family. This is his wife, Mrs. Han and his first son, Han Jisung." Upon hearing the name, Jeno widened his eyes as well as Hyejin who was shocked to see her parents there too.

"Oh my darling, Hyejin. Well, you all can see this is my youngest daughter, Han Hyejin." She shook her hand with Jeno's parents, too stiff to face the truth and the fact that their family were related.

"I'm sorry but, are you Mr. Lee?" The older man nodded proudly, he also has the good looks that inherited to Jeno. What a perfect family with good genes running in their blood.

"Your dad and I had been a good friend since 13 years ago."

Jeno and Doyoung also shook their hands with Hyejin's family. "I never knew that Mr. Lee is your dad." Jisung spoke up with a confusion look, Jeno shrugged, throwing a me too face to the previously senior of his high school.

"Oh, so you guys knew each other? Wow, it's a destiny." Mr. Han laughed along with the parents, a coincidence that lead to a better closure for now. Such a great family gathering the parents never expected.

"Actually dad..." Jeno coughed nervously, "I was about to tell you about my girlfriend. "Both of their parents were waiting patiently, the mothers could actually tell from the way he had been treating her starting from the moment where the three arrived at the table.

"Dad, mom and Doyoung, meet my lovely girlfriend, Han Hyejin." He hugged her waist tightly as Hyejin hung her head down low, holding an embarassment. The dads were cheering happily as Jeno announced the good news, the wait is over, their children were so good together. Jeno's mom hugged him proudly, softly rubbing his back up and down.

"Glad you've changed, my sweet little boy." Jeno was shocked, but he returned the hug back.

"So this is an instant family meeting?" Jisung asked, the whole family laughed and sat down to enjoy their meal. Hyejin sat between Jeno and Jisung, which had been a real torture though it was barely five minutes after they got seated.

"So, son, how did you met Hyejin?" He coughed softly, holding himself from choking on the food. Thoughts of bad deeds he used to do on her flowing in his mind, but honestly, it was in the past, no need to bring it up no more.

"Well, I used to be a bad student at school and I knew her since the first year of middle school. Not gonna lie, I bullied her and her friends but eventually we got closer this year. Recently, we got to pair up for a school project. Little did I know, she changed me for a better person." Jeno stared into her eyes deeply with full of love, the moment she looked back, he lost it and straight away focusing on his food again. The moms were almost squealing in excitement, they indeed looked good with each other.

"We all wish for you guys a long and wonderful relationship." Mrs. Lee said as they all cheered for the success of their children, as well as the parents.

🏴

Hyejin decided to go out and had a group call with her best friends, her lonely self couldn't bear a day without a slight connection with her beloved friends. She explained everything excitedly making all of them were astonished, on many things—literally everything about tonight. Hyejin then decided to go to the swimming pool area as the place was less crowded and a bit chilly due to the exposed pool.