Chapter 33

I need you, girl.꒱

Jeno couldn't believe everything he just heard, something he heard from A to Z, clearly straightforwarded. He covered his mouth while shaking his head repeatedly, not wanting to accept the truth behind Renjun's words. "No fucking way. I trust you but, dad? How dare he!"

"I know, Jeno. I also hope it's not true but that was exactly what I heard two weeks ago."

"Hyejin's still unconscious so let's just calm down a bit, okay?" Renjun rubbed Jeno's back softly as Jisung came.

"Why? What's wrong?" Renjun also decided to tell him everything about the ongoing situation. It had him amused, his feelings were right, there was something off.

"Whoa—not gonna lie his aura was kinda weird too."

"But surely, this sabotage isn't related too Mr. Lee." Jeno tried to remember everything that related to Hyejin and her Macbook.

Flashback

Hyejin's back was hurting so Jeno needs to bring her bag all way to the school gym, offering himself to carry the bag that felt like a sack of cement powder. Jeno was called for a weekly practice with his coach before their basketball competition, more future tournament and such.

"Why baby? Are you okay?" Jeno crouched im front of the sitting Hyejin on the floor, focusing on her Macbook.

"I'm fine, just go and practice. I'll do my essay." She then pecked Jeno's cheek as she bid her goodbye. Not long after, Hyejin fell asleep with her still switched on device. Jeno wasn't paying attention to her state so he just continued his activity while some students came in to practice, train and some came to stalk their crushes.

Someone who was really creepy, according to Jeno, entered the gym with a fully covered face, leaving only eyes on it's face. Without Jeno or anyone else realized, the person took Hyejin's Macbook and did something, real quick to avoid getting caught. The person saw Jeno's coming to his girlfriend, making them panicked on what to do next, they decided to run out of the gym, leaving the Macbook beside Hyejin switched on without even shutting it down.

End of flashback

"I got it, the weird person at the school gym." Renjun shot him a weird look, upon his sudden silence-breaking after a few minutes.

"Last week, Hyejin and I went to the school gym together and she brought her Macbook to settle down some works but eventually fell asleep. I didn't know what happened next but I'm sure that person was kinda creepy."

"So you're saying that the person was the one who caused this?"

"Not that I'm saying that, but it was very suspicious. I saw them leaving her spot right before I reached her."

Suddenly, the doctor came out calling Mrs. Han and Jisung, looking around the hallway searching for Hyejin's family. "Is Han Hyejin's family here?"

Her mom stood up and went to the doctor. "Yes, I'm her mother. Is there anything wrong, doctor?"

"Nothing serious, Mrs. Han, she only needs some rest. Fainting from an emotional shock is very common for females. Fear and other stressful emotional states that provoke a similar shock response in the cardiovascular system that occurs after traumatic injury will cause fainting. Some people faint at the sight of blood, for example."