Chapter 16

A medicine to my pain.

Hyejin woke up to a very comfy bed and a super cold breeze-it was her room. She remembered everything clearly starting from when she fell asleep with Jeno on the field to how he carried her all way to her room. Nothing to be scared of, she knows he wouldn't do anything that would cross the line.

She went down to see his brother's whole squad, including Jackson. Jackson needs to move back to his hometown, Hong Kong before leaving his friends and Seoul. He came back to visit them, no wonder the house seems so bright even from the start.

"Hi Hyejin! Long time no see, sis." Hyejin was engulfed in Jackson's bear hug. Another friend of Jisung that actually knows about Hyejin, Jisung is not an open person when it comes to his sister so it is safe to say that Jackson is a trusted person.

"It's been awhile, Jackson. We missed you."

He chuckled and they sat around the table playing uno-the consenquences were totally fun and games, until power cards were over-used by Changbin and Jeongin. After wasting time for an hour, Hyejin went to shower so she could go out to have a meal with her friends.

"Ji, I gotta go."

"Where do you think you'll be going, young lady?"

"To meet my friends, duh."

He sighed, locking her sister at home around super insane boys wouldn't be good for now."Fine then, this time make sure to get back home by seven."

🏴

The girls-including Taehyun and Yeonjun-went to Yeri's aunt's restaurant which located nearby the school.

"Korean beef is indeed the best." Yeonjun grilled the meat while Taehyun marinated them. While the boys were pulling theirselves together to cook the meal perfectly, there were girls who couldn't stop munching the beef like it was their last meal in the world.

"You girls are really pigs, how big are you guys' tummy capacity?"

Soojin laughed. "We can't say no to food especially, this!"

She held up the wrapped meat in her hands, seconds before it went down into her stomach again. Taehyun shook his head in disbelief. Hyejin finished her meal and sipping her Sprite when out of the sudden, Renjun called her.

"What's with them-keep on calling me like I'm the only person in this earth?" She rolled her eyes and picked up the phone, answering the call.

"Hey Hyejin. Are you free?"

"I'm with my friends now. Why?"

"Well, even better! I called you to ask you guys if you can have a picnic with us?"

She paused for a sec. Her friends heard that, their eyes lit up with hopes.

"Hyejin, you-"

"Okay then, I'll come with them. Send me the location and we'll come in a few minutes."

"Yeay! Okay, we're currently at the Eurwangni Beach, near the Incheon Airport."

"Okay, Injun. See y'all there! "

She screeched in hapiness and asked her friends to finish their food. It's been awhile since the last time she went to a beach, she always spent her time at the mall, restaurant and school.

"Let's go!"

"But first, let's take spare clothes or you'll be going home all wet." Yeonjun reminded them strictly. Their house weren't that far from each other, they live in a same neighbourhood except for Taehyun.

After a very chaotic 30 minutes ride, they arrived at Eurwangni Beach which is the nearest beach from Seoul. It's easy for Yeonjun to drive there since the road was almost clear unlike the other days.

Jaemin spotted the class president's car. He waved his hand widely making sure they saw the boys' spot. After Yeonjun parked his car, they went to the them-all sappy and jumpy in pure excitement.

"Hi guys! Wow, a sudden picnic? Sounds nice." Taehyun greeted them first, following the others.

"Did you guys have any spare outfits? Because we decided to go to the water."

"Only Hyejin, Yeri and Yeonjun brought spare clothes. Soojin and I weren't allowed to swim." Chenle came with Jisung with boxes of pizza. They sat down on the mat, arranging the food neatly-so they could take pictures for Instagram feeds and stories. Chenle saw Yeri and automatically shouted.

"Yeri! I thought you wouldn't come!"

"Yah, stupid! I'm already here you noisy dolphin!"

"Oh God, please stop screeching both of you." Renjun came and hugged Hyejin's shoulder. It caught her off guard, still managed to smile since it was Renjun-who would hate him?

"Hyejin, let's eat."

Hyejin smiled and pinched his waist making him jumped. Then suddenly, a very high-pitched laugh came with a ranting mumble. Everybody knew who it was, they are getting used to it.

"Lee Haechan, sit down or I'll throw you to the beach."

"Fucking calm down, Jeno."

Jeno who saw a sitting Hyejin felt very happy, he felt like some butterflies were flying inside his tummy. Renjun who noticed the change of his friend's reaction immediately stood up.

"Go get your girl, bro. I know you like her."
He smiled to Renjun.

"Hi, Jinnie."

"Hi, Jeno!" She hugged, well, more like jumping on him making them fell on the sand while laughing loudly. Yeri choked on her water, Soojin smiled like a proud mother and the boys were all making an 'ooo' sound. Hyejin sheepishly smiled when she realized that she was on top of Jeno.

"It's okay, just get up." He chuckled and sat under the tree.

"You guys know what, I guess Jeno found his medicine." Haechan stated making all the boys' heart went soft.

"It was almost two years since the last time that true smiled drawn on his face, the last day before his mother passed away."

Taehyun and Yeonjun looked very surprised. They looked to each other, asking the question with their furrowed eyebrows.

"Wait so the woman-"

"It was his step mom."

Hyejin ate the sandwich and smudged her lipstick. Jeno who noticed her messy state took a wipes to clean her face.

"Eat properly, will you?"

Hyejin was dumbfounded. "No, you're going to ruin my lipstick."

"It was already smudged." He flicked her forehead making her winced in pain.

"Wanna go to the water? I heard you brought extra clothes." Hyejin nodded and went to Yeri.

"Yeri, let's go to the water!"

"Oh my God yes! Boys, let's go!"

They all had fun, really. Hyejin went for a swim and was carried by Jeno to a deeper area making her screamed non-stop. Yeri, Chenle and Jisung made a beautiful sand castle. Taehyun and Soojin were busy grilling hotdogs, chickens and more food. The others, Renjun, Haechan, Jaemin and Yeonjun were running around the beach, chasing the sunset they said.

It was a very fun mini trip with them, Hyejin thought. They all wished to be like this everyday.

🏴