Chapter 30

Never knew what I was missing.

The hotel grand opening event last night was really great, really grand and luxurious enough for her mom's taste, Hyejin thought. It's time to go back to school, which was going to be more tiring and annoying for sure, but her best friends and her boyfriend made her school life's better.

Hyejin was busy spreading jam on her bread when suddenly Jisung came down giving her cheek a kiss, she was shocked upon seeing him all swaying in excitement—like when Ariel fell in love with Prince Eric.

"Morning, my little sister." He swayed around making Hyejin curious, oh right, he also had someone to be all lovey dovey with, shouldn't be a problem to her seeing her brother falling in love.

"Well, well, well. What do we have for today?"

"So like, my girlfriend asked me to take her out to cinema after school—wish me luck."

Hyejin laughed and stood up doing a fighting pose. The siblings then went to Jisung's car to go to the school, the Han had some more conversations, useless and informative, all in a single car ride to school.

"Dad and mom were already at work? How fast." He shrugged while speeding up his car so Hyejin won't be late, it was very usual to see Mr. and Mrs. Han going to the work an hour earlier than any other employees.

"Thanks for the ride, Ji. See you tonight!" She kissed Jisung's cheek and got out from the car in front of the gate. On her way to her locker, she saw Soojin and Haechan walking together, which had her curiosity rose up and decided to get in between them.

"Guys!" Hyejin jumped to them making them winced in pain.

"Hyejin I swear to the guacamole—" Haechan then covered Soojin's loud ass voice with his hand, it left a disgusted look on Hyejin's face seeing his bare hand touching Soojin's face in just an instant.

"Stop shouting or you'll be a hot issue this morning." Hyejin then dragged both of them to the class, not wanting to be stuck between the two for a long time. After spotting Yeri, the girls went to her all cheery and shimmery.

"Yeri baby, I miss you." Yeri looked up and smiled, hugging her best friends tightly.

"So, I have news." She looked down on the table while playing with her hair, twirling it with her finger repeatedly before having the courage to let out the words in her throat.

"I broke up with Wooseok." Hyejin gasped and Soojin hugged the poor girl, a little bit too sudden to soothe her down.

"Oh no, why?"

"We were dating because of a bet and he won the bet, so we broke up..." Yeri bursted her tears in Soojin's arms, while Hyejin chose to pat and stroke her hair in a circular motion, helping her from bursting tears in the class.

"That motherfucker, I swear to God that he'll rot in hell."

"So how about your project?"

"I asked Mr. Kim to change partner. Now, I am paired with the new Canadian guy—kinda too sudden project for a new student though. His name's Mark and he got no partner since he just came back from Canada of course."