Chapter 24

You're out there searching for me, right?

Jaemin gathered all of them, including Yeri and Soojin because clearly they need to acknowledge this too. Yeonjun and Taehyun already informed about the missing Jeno but unfortunately, they really wanted to lend some hands, but they were still at Jeju—it could be a big problem if they were insisting to go back to Seoul.

"Everyone's here? Where's Hyejin?" Yeri checked on her phone, it wouldn't be nice to see the girlfriend of the missing one was left out. 

"She said she's on—"

"I'm here." Wearing a grey jacket and sweatpants, looking all weary since they just came home from a holiday trip, it owes her sleep due to the too much fun they had previously. Still, she looked pure and pretty—there are no wonders on why was Jeno so into her.

"Aw, don't cry." Soojin engulfed her in a hug, a motherly hug as Hyejin sobbed quietly in Soojin's chest. Maybe it was the tiredness and mixed feelings being one at once, it did made her wanted to cry harder in anybody's arms. "Scream if you want to scream, it's okay."

Hyejin rubbed her red nose. "We just started dating a week ago and I already act like this." She chuckled—time don't define your feelings, time never exists to pure souls yearning for each other.

"But time doesn't matter, as long as you love him, you'll always have the sense of care and love towards him." Haechan gave her a hug and patted her head, while she stays still in Soojin's arms—young parents behavior.

"Let's go, shall we?" Jaemin entered a car, it was a 4×4 car—just in case they had to go through some small villages and more forest.

"Well, let's go!" Yeri shouted and jumped into the car, tailed by everyone, thrilled despite of the anxiety flowing in their blood.

7:30 pm

All of them were enjoying the 'road trip' even though the main point was to find Jeno—missing Jeno, very needed and wanted at the moment. Hyejin kept on spamming Jeno messges making her more worried as the time passes by.

Jaemin drove, while Renjun being his only navigation right beside him, all controling the map like a sassy boss he is. Hyejin, Yeri and Chenle were sitting on the second row so the rest—Soojin, Haechan and Jisung were seated at the back. Yeri being Yeri, she kept on lifting everyone's mood making all of them happily searching for Jeno.

"Hyejin, stop texting him. It's no use for now." Chenle snatched her phone and strictly put it in his bag. No protest coming out, she honestly gave up on wasting more of her phone's battery on useless unreceived messages.

"It's useless, I know. But—" Yeri put her finger on Hyejin's mouth, a sign to just stop the cap.

"Uh uh, that's it, young lady. You better get some sleep." Hyejin sighed and put her head on Yeri's shoulder calmly, obeying the words since she really need that rest—her brain pushed her to. Not long after, a small snore was heard making the whole car went silent.

"Our young lady's sleeping already? How cute." Jaemin exclaimed while looking back to check on her. Indeed she was, always adorable in anyone's eyes.