Chapter 11

Wherever you are, please be safe.

After making an escape from her classroom, Hyejin quietly went to the rooftop, running past every classes and school people in order to find him. It was very quiet and no one was there, totally wide open with a soft wind hitting every inch of her body.

So, he maybe at the old garden that they told me before.

She went to the mentioned place—somewhere she've never been due to the 'darkness'. Hyejin thought the old garden was creepy and very gross, since it was really far away from the school's main building. She was wrong, it was so beautiful, eye-catching.

They were flowers everywhere, it has small fountain and some old clean benches in it—very vintage-ish and has it own type of aesthetic. It was indeed very calming, but how come she never knew the place. Realization hit her again when she heard a voice from behind the fountain.

It was no other than his voice.

She collected herself and went behind it, taking every step carefully not to surprise him. As she stepped ahead him, Jeno wasn't shocked or angry, but he looked empty—terribly zero looks and heart—she could tell.

He shot his head up and chuckled lowly. "Wow, never thought anyone would come and see me—especially you, Han Hyejin." Hyejin sighed and set her back right beside him.

"Why are you here? Why don't you come to the class?"

"None of your business, Jin." He looked like he was about to cry—which honestly did make the opposite gender shocked. Hyejin hugged her knees with right hand wrapped around her legs, left one caressed his arm.

"Cry."

He turned his head towards her, taken aback by her word.

"Just cry if you want to, I'll not laugh." He chuckled dryly making Hyejin gulped her saliva, hence, she chose silence over dead case in school due to the single word 'cry'.

"Hyejin, may I ask you a question?"

"Mhm, sure."

"Are you afraid of me?"

Hyejin was lost, honestly. She was, at first. But, everything changed after she needs to work with him, even though they were not even started anything yet.

"To be honest, I was. I don't even have a plan to come near you guys. Well, you guys bullied our classmates before. And, me..." The last phrase wasn't heard by Jeno, but he was sure she's talking about something she wouldn't want to bring up anymore. He was just hearing her confession.

"But now, not anymore. You yourself can see it."

Jeno flashed a thin smile, which a 'something' that did things in her heart. The silence was loud, both of them were admiring the garden scenery. Hyejin always loved flowers especially Lilac—it made her staring into every types of flowers with stars shining in her eyes.

"Seems like you are curious about this place. I found this a year ago, thanks to Mrs. Song."

"She introduced you this garden?" He nodded.

"It helps me to cool down the bad demeanor in me."

Hyejin stood up, a little walk inside the garden wouldn't hurt, she enjoyed every floral creatures planted at the super mysterious place. Suddenly, Hyejin froze on her spot, she saw some fresh Lilacs on a spot where it was hidden by some other plants.

It was beautiful and pure.

Jeno noticed the flower and picked it up, carefully pulling out one of the freshest Lilac in the pot. "I see, you love this flower."