Chapter 17

You need to love yourself.

Weekend was officially ended. Hyejin went to the school with Yeonjun and Soobin. Jisung needs to go super early to his school again.

Arriving together, Jeno gasped to see Hyejin came with Yeonjun. He looked confused, making Renjun chuckled at his reaction

"Yo bro, bro listen. Yeonjun live near Hyejin's house, okay. They were already friends since elementary." Jeno made his confused sound.

"Oh really, sorry I—"

"Ooo, loverboy is jealous ay?" Jeno smacked Jisung's head making him flinched hard.

Taehyun didn't come, he went to Gwangju to visit his sick relatives. Soojin already sat down on her seat with Shuhua. Yeri was outside the class with Wooseok, not knowing where they went.

It's been three weeks since the project started. They still have about two months and a week to finish it and hand them to Mr. Kim.

🏴

Jeno and Hyejin were spacing out in the class, since there were no teachers will enter the class untill recess. Jeno snapped his fingers. "Jinnie, let's discuss seriously about the project."

She groaned and put her head on the table. "Okey then."

"What comes in your mind when I say Love Yourself?"

Hyejin then shot her head up and drank her strawberry milk.

"Well, personally... Love yourself for me is about putting yourself before everyone else. Some people may said 'Don't be selfish' but, for me, in order to spread love sincerely, you need to love and know yourself first. Also, loving yourself is the key for your happiness."

Jeno was in a total awe. The words that Hyejin thrown struck him like a lightning. He then started to take notes of what Hyejin had said, from beginning to the very end.

"Since it's about self-care, how about we interview some students." Jeno smiled.

"Oh I know, I know. We can ask their perspectives about loving yourself and make them answer some questions!"

Both of them screamed like those gossip girls in the movie. The whole class were focusing on them, but they couldn't care less.

"How about we do it at my house later?" Hyejin offered. He nodded and listed down many things that they need to have. Renjun then turned his body, facing their table.

"Already have an idea, I see."

"Don't even try to copy our idea."

"I know, Jaemin and I already had a plan, it's just we're too lazy."

Jeno turned around to see Haechan was having fun with his crush. He looked so bright and happy.

"Guess Haechan is having so much fun now. They all laughed.

"Sometimes I'm jealous of my friend who already dated someone like Yeri and Taehyun."

"Yo Jin, you have that face girl." Jaemin said.

"I object that, Your Majesty. If only people see me not by my face."

"But, do you even have a crush?" Jeno suddenly speaked up.

"I think I don't. Ever since I broke up with Bomin, I never have any crushes and even boyfriends."

It's true, Hyejin used to date Bomin two years ago. They only lasted for seven months though.

"Oh my God how did we forgot that? I remembered bullying him for bringing your stuffs everywhere."

Jaemin said making everyone laughed. "So, where's he right now?" Jeno sounded serious.

"Oh he went to Hanlim Art School not long ago."

"Why's everyone very talented? I heard he wanted to pursue his singing and acting dream."

"That's what he told me before."

"Actually, Renjun had a girlfriend too. They dated for almost a year only to find out that the girl cheated on him."

"Oh my, that must be bad." Renjun just shrugged it off.

"Nah, past is past. I feel like being single for years now." Jaemin told us he never dated but he liked to flirt with everyone, same goes to Haechan. But he finally have a crush.

"Jeno, how about you?" All eyes were finding Jeno's. "Um me? Oh I used to date a girl but she was really annoying."

Renjun chuckled, he still remember everything that happened to Jeno. "You guys must be know Haesoo. She was my first love, ugh I wanna throw up." He rolled his eyes making Hyejin laughed.

"It was actually a dare, Renjun dared me to date a sweet looking girl for five months. So we really ended up being together for a year."

"One day, I saw her kissing one of our senior, Jaeyun. When I told her I saw the scene, she denied it saying she was forced. I beat her and fought with Jaeyun, almost getting kicked out from school."

They all were focused on Jeno's story. It was indeed very heart-breaking.

"Bet no one wants me now." Hyejin laughed at her own words. They all smiled looking at the happy Hyejin. "It's almost recess time. Let's go to the canteen!"

Unknowingly, Hyejin dragged Jeno's hands and ran towards her friends. The 11 kids, including Jisung and Chenle ate on their spot happily.

Han Hyejin, I hope you can heal me slowly, no one can do it better than you and my friends. You taught me to self-love.

🏴