Chapter 31

I'm terrified.

Renjun's POV

Seeing Hyejin and Jeno happy makes me happy too as it has been a long time since I saw Jeno's happy state like this. But, one thing bothered me so much that I really couldn't get rid of it out of my head. It's about Jeno's father—he looked really suspicious, don't he? I hate it.

"Renjun! What are you wondering, huh?"

I really need to let this go, thankfully Jaemin understands both of us the most as three of us literally grew up together. Not that we wanted to bug in, they said better to avoid than heal.

"Jaemin, I'm worried of Jeno."

"Eh, why? No need to be worry anymore, he found his happiness." I sighed, Jaemin knew nothing about it yet.

"Remember when I accompanied Jeno to meet his father?"

Jaemin tried to remember everything. "Ah yes, you were having an extreme mood swing after that."

"The reason of that was about Mr. Lee." Jaemin looked kind of confused but still listening anyway.

"Okay, I don't know if it is true or not but, I heard that Mr. Lee won't let him date or marry anyone—sounds like not a big deal, I doubt it is a small matter."

"How—I mean Jeno even told us that Hyejin is the daughter of his father's friend." I sighed, but really what I heard was true. It's just that I didn't want to tell Jeno yet, he would not believe me, he would start doubting everything again, it would drive him much worse.

"I wish you were there too."

Flashback

Jeno was still in his dad's office, it was obvious he was annoyed with everything. The tension was too intense so I decided to go out having a fresh air on the rooftop. After about 20 minutes, I still hadn't recieved any call or messages from Jeno so I went in by myself.

"May I know where Jeno is?" The secretary looked up to me.

"Oh, Sir Jeno said he'll be going to the toilet first."

"Alright, thanks." When I was about to enter his dad's office, I heard a big laughter and that was when I stopped stepping ahead. Mr. Lee sounded like he was on a phone call, all giddy up talking to the person across the line.

"Listen here, Mr. Wong. You don't need to worry about the next CEO of this company. It's going to be my son's, Lee Jeno." Hearing Jeno's name made me curious so I came closer to the door, careful not to push it or I would be in a big trouble

"Yes, he will. First, I'll stop him from studying, I know he's genius enough to rule the Lee's empire. And after that, I'll make sure he's not going to date anyone. Do you think a successful man need romance in his life? I don't think so, I admit it I married two women in my life, but I won't let this thing slide into Jeno's life."

I gasped quietly as I slowly backed away from the door. No way, this will never going to happen or else Jeno will be gone forever, away from the cruel reality he faced. Either he run away far from Korea or maybe he would do it. I should tell Jeno but he will not believe me, maybe not for now.