Chapter 55

You're still my number one.

Hyejin and the girls were on their way to the school's hall to do some preparations for their annual graduation ceremony. In approximately a month, they will leave the school to continue their life at college and universities.

Jeno and Hyejin were good, they will always do. Migyung and Kai admitted their wrongdoings and Migyung got moved to the boarding school because of her records.

It was finally May, how fast time flew.

"Mark is finally graduating." Jisung chirped, earning a low sigh from the older one.

"Yeah finally, how fast time flies isn't it?" Mark leaned his shoulder on the light blue haired Jeno.

Yeri, Soojin, Taehyun and Yeonjun frowned in sync. Hyejin chuckled, pinching their cheeks.

"Don't be sad! Most of us are going to enter the same college anyway." Hyejin stated. All of them decided to go to the Incheon National University Songdo Campus since they got the scholarship to study there.

"But, wasn't Mark said he wanted to study at Canada?" Renjun asked, earning some sad looks from the others.

"Nah, my mom convinced me to pursue my dream here."

"I'll take Biological Sciences with Yeri, Yeonjun and Taehyun." Hyejin said as she checked the university's courses.

"Soojin, Renjun and Jaemin would take Chemistry. How are you guys so addicted to this subject, huh?" Jeno laughed, squinting his eyes in confusion.

"Only Jeno wanted to take Industrial and Managements Engineering. Me and Haechan will take Performing Arts."

"Woah, Jeno. I thought you'd take Chemistry." He shook his head in denial.

"Engineering attracts me so bad these days."

"Imagine Dr. Han Hyejin with the famous engineer Lee Jeno." Chenle said dreamily making all of them agreed.

"A family with big brains." Soojin confirmed, earning a light smack from the shorter girl.

"How about idol Lee Donghyuck with scientist Seo Soojin. What an insane pair!" Jaemin's words truly made all of them laughed, truly in their own world.

"Interesting topics, huh."

A tall frame suddenly sat beside Yeri making her almost spilled the milk tea on her lap.

"Soobin! What the hell, I thought I dropped my heart." The taller male chuckled making Yeri annoyed more.

"Yo Soobin, which uni will you enter?" Jeno asked, shifting closer to him. He coughed slightly, adjusting his throat.

"I think I might be a trainee."

"What?! Bro, we are the same."

"So, you'll enter SOPA?!"

"Bro, count me in!"

Soobin awkwardly chuckled, making Hyejin smiled to reassure him. "That's good. Pursue your dream, I know you were not interested in academics anyway."

"The same thing will happen to Beomgyu and Hueningkai." They all went 'ooo'ed in sync.

"Kids, get up!"

Mrs. Song's existence made all of them stopped their meet-and-greet session. They all continued their works in order to celebrate their graduation month away.

🏴

"Ladies and gentlemen, today it's my honour to introduce you a student who showed growth, maturity and positive changes inside them. The student was able to turn over a new leaf in less than years, they took shorter period of time to be a good student who participated tons of school's activities such as charity, sports and even academic-related."

The students as well as the parents were patiently waiting for the chosen one. Hyejin held Yeri and Soojin's hands tight in each of her hands, nervously waiting for the announcement.

"I present to you, Lee Jeno from the first class, well known as Jeno and participated in tons of activities I stated before. He successfully managed the whole basketball team for almost two years along with the fellow members. Being the student who scored the higest marks in Chemistry, Physic and Algebra, he even being a mentor to the weak students and his junior. Well done, Jeno."

Jeno proudly walked to the stage, showing his eyesmiles to the audiences.

"He is so handsome."

"A perfect son, or maybe son-in-law."

"His girlfriend is a successful student too, they match so well."

Those whispers came from some parents and students. Hyejin couldn't be more proud than ever, her boyfriend made it.

"Wow, Hyejin. He should give you all the credits, you changed him."

Hyejin shrugged. Jeno locked his eyes onto the specific person under the stage. He looked like he was about to do something crazy, well, Jeno's things.

"I will invite Jeno to make a speech."

Jeno stepped in front, coughing to the mic gently.

"First off all, thank you teachers, the whole school team and the students who voted for me. I thought I was not born for this honoured title but fate changes everything. To my parents, dad and mom, my Doyoung, thank you for supporting me through my teenage life. Thank you for understanding me and appreciatinh me as the son you wanted me to be. I could never find any perfect family other than you guys. And lastly, my friends. Though they're crazy, they went through a lot too. They helped me to change and they always there for me, through ups and downs and many challenging teenage life since I was younger."

Jeno took a pause, signalling the MC to wait for a bit. He looked up, holding the tears from falling down from his glassy eyes.

"This one last message for that someone whom I felt safe with. I could never be this Jeno without her, Han Hyejin."

All eyes were finding for the specific person. Hyejin could feel her breath stopped at that moment, she gulped the lump in her dry throat. She tightened the grip on Yeri's hands, waiting for the continuation of his speech.

"Thank you, princess, for changing me. Thank you for existing in my life. Thank you for teaching me self-love before I started to love you and people around me. Thank you, for bringing back the old me."

He wiped the tears on his eyes.

"I still couldn't believe you managed to stay with me even when tons of waves were trying to pull us apart. I still couldn't believe how you were able to keep up with my cold attitudes. I guess you are very though, princess. My only wish right now is to stay longer—I mean—stay forever by your side since you're my only safe place. Thank you once again, Han Hyejin. I love you so much, you already know that, right? From then, now and till the future,

you're always gonna be my number one."

🏴