Chapter 25

Disappointed, but not surprised.

9:27 pm

Jaemin felt kind of tired so the one who's driving now was Haechan—the second one that is actually very good when it comes to vehicles after Jeno. Renjun stayed at the same spot and kept on scrolling many things from his Ipad. The girls were still awake except from Hyejin, her state looked bad, she was shaking in her sleep, her breath kept on hitching making all of them worried. Hyejin usually got panic attack so she got those symptoms, too random on most of the times.

"Yeri, her mom's calling." Soojin said making her shocked, blank on what to do.

"Just pick it up, I think her mom knew where she's going?" Soojin breathed slowly and picked it up with a very shaky hand.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Soojin?"

"Yes, aunty."

"Is everything alright, Hyejin will be fine right?"

"Yes, don't worry. All of us will take care of her."

"Thank God—you guys are there. Let me know if there's any problem, Jisung could help you all."

"Nah, it's okay, aunty. See you soon."

"Phew, I thought her mom won't let her go further." Yeri exhaled in relieve, Soojin chuckled to her reaction. Jaemin who was sleeping suddenly woke up in jolt as he felt his phone vibratesd in his shirt's pocket.

"Who called—JENO?" All eyes were now at Jaemin, some chose to believe, some chose to just anticipate rather than giving more hopes to it

"What the actual fuck, pick it up!"

"Calm down. Let's not wake Hyejin up first." They all nodded in sync, Jaemin answered the call with fiery fire in his eyes—all hopes for his eternal friend.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Jeno's friend?"

"Yes, but who is this?"

"It's Doyoung."

"Oh my God, Doyoung! Where is Jeno?"

"I was about to ask you all too."

"You know how's Jeno like..."

Doyoung sighed on the line, he knew what's going on with Jeno right now. He felt like he's the most useless brother in the world—coming back to Seoul to witness more downfall of his brother while he was away.

"I found his phone, and who's Hyejin?"

"She's Jeno's girlfriend."

"Oh no—poor her, she sent about 45 messages to him."

"Okay, Doyoung. Let us find him first, if we need any help we'll call you." 

"Aight, Jaemin. Have a safe drive and please find him."

He ended the call with a frustrated sigh, leaning back to massage his burning head from too much of hopes. "I thought it was Jeno."

"So like, he don't have any devices with him?" Chenle sounded worried, mad enough to diasgree his choice that would worsened the problem.