Resorting; Part 6

4 and a half weeks passed and Hermione refused to exchange a word with Ron. She still hadn't decided whether or not she wanted to get resorted. She was happy in Gryffindor but it felt toxic. Everyone in Gryffindor (other then Harry, Ginny, Parvati, Dean and Seamus) avoided her as she was the Zabini Heiress. Hermione was sitting on her bed that morning, thinking about her decision when she heard something snap. Turning her head, she saw Lavender throw something out the window. "I hate him!"She muttered. "Something wrong?" Hermione asked, even though she couldn't care less. "Yes! Ronald doesn't love me anymore!"She snarled. "I would've been surprised if I didn't know this would happen"Hermione said. "What do you mean?"Lavender snapped. "Brown, He left me for you, it's obvious he'd leave you for someone else, and as I said last week, your boyfriend isn't Loyal when he keeps looking at other girl's bodies" Hermione snapped. "He didn't leave me" Lavender sneered. "You literally just said you hate him and that he doesn't love you"Hermione said. "He isn't showing me as much attention as before! I saw him flirting with another girl but he said I shouldn't be bothered by it"She snapped. "Yet you're still with him? So desperate of you"Hermione rolled her eyes as she got out of bed. She grabbed some clothes and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

 She grabbed some clothes and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day

She put her hair in a messy bun and brushed her teeth. Leaving the bathroom, she noticed that Lavender had left, 'Thank Merlin' Hermione thought.

Heading down to the common room, she found it quite empty. Only a few people there. Deciding everyone was probably down in the great hall, she went ahead to join them. She sat down at the Gryffindor table, beside Ginny and began to eat. "So?"Ginny said. "So?"Hermione repeated. "Did you make a decision?"Harry asked. "Of what?"She asked. "If you're getting resorted"Ginny rolled her eyes. "Oh"Hermione muttered. "No, not really, I mean Gryffindor is amazing but-"She was saying when she got interrupted. "But your boyfriend is in Slytherin ya ya"Ron said. Hermione ignored him. "Its amazing but I prefer to be Around people who appreciate me and people who I'm comfortable with"Hermione continued. "No offence"She added. "Of course, Zabini's your brother, it's natural to want to be around Family"Ginny said. "But I've spent so much time in Gryffindor, so many memories"Hermione added. "They're memories right? You'll remember them, so you can either make more memories in Gryffindor or new ones in Slytherin"Harry said. "You're supporting her to go to Slytherin!"Ron accused. "What does it matter to you?"Hermione snapped. "What do you mean what does it matter to me?!"He snarled. "Well, we're not dating, our friendship is technically broken AND you made it very clear to me how much I meant to you"She said. "I don't care! I'm not letting you go to the snakes!"He snapped as he got to his feet. "You have no control over what I do!"Hermione yelled as she got to her feet as well.

People began to stare. "YOU WANT TO BE IN SLYTHERIN DON'T YOU! YOU WANT TO BECOME A SNAKE!"He yelled. "Is there a problem"McGonagall Asked, glaring at them for raising their voices so loud. There was a moment of silence before hermione answered. "I want to get resorted"Hermione said, glaring at Ron as she did. McGonagall was surprised to say the least, but she nodded. "Finish your breakfast and come to my office at 9"McGonagall said before leaving. Hermione grabbed her bag and left the table. "You didn't finish eating"Ginny said. "I've lost my appetite" Hermione snapped, her voice coming out ruder then she meant before leaving the great hall.

She spent a few minutes out of the castle, walking around the field. "Made up your mind?"She heard. Turning her head, she saw Pansy following her. Hermione nodded. "I only did because I knew Ronald would get mad"She said. "You know you Can't step back from this right? McGonagall will probably only do this once"Pansy told her. "Ya but I might not even be sorted into Slytherin, Could be Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, or maybe Gryffindor again"Hermione shrugged. "This actually might be the first resorting ever really"Pansy said as she thought about it. "It is, I've read Hogwarts; A History at least 10 times and it doesn't mention a resorting at all"Hermione said. "You know it only covers everything that happened before the 1970s right?"Pansy said. "So?"Hermione questioned. "So maybe there was a resorting in 1971 or 1976"Pansy suggested. "Are we really having a discussion about this?"Hermione asked, letting out a soft laugh. "Well I know you're in love with Hogwarts; A History, So I thought you'd like to know that another one is coming out"Pansy rolled her eyes. "They'll probably publish it 20,000 years from now though"Pansy Added And Hermione groaned. "Why mention it if I'll be dead?"Hermione Asked. Pansy shrugged and checked her watch. "Its 8;40, you should probably get going"Pansy reminded her. "I'll see you right after its done"Hermione said as she glanced towards the castle. Wishing her friend goodbye, she went to get her resorting.

"Ms.Zabini, 3 seconds late"McGonagall smiled. Hermione smiled back politely. "Have a seat while I get the sorting hat"McGonagall added before leaving to get the hat. Hermione sat down and glanced at the portraits around her. "I told Minerva that you'll come for your resorting"She heard a very well-known voice. "Professor Dumbledore"She smiled. He nodded. "I must say, you did very well in Gryffindor. Maybe even better if you were in Ravenclaw. But I was definitely surprised when the sorting hat put you in Gryffindor. I thought it would see through your given identity. Apparently it sorts the person that is shown to all, Not the one that's hidden"He said. "What do you think professor, Is Slytherin a good choice?"Hermione asked. "For Hermione Granger, Definitely not, but for Mia Zabini, I'd say she'd do well in Slytherin. It depends who you want to be. Hermione Granger or Mia Zabini"Dumbledore said. "Now I have a meeting with Severus on the 5th floor, goodbye"He said before leaving his portrait.

"Albus is right, it depends on you. Do you want to be sorted as Hermione Granger? Or Mia Zabini?"McGonagall Asked. Hermione bit her lip. Hermione granger is in the past. Mia Zabini is in the present. Zabini is her true form. "Zabini"Hermione said. McGonagall handed her the sorting hat and Hermione placed it on her head.

Long story short, she left McGonagall's office with the password to the Slytherin common room.

McGonagall told her she'd be sharing a dorm with Pansy, Daphne, Astoria and Tracey Davis. So Hermione went to Gryffindor tower to collect her things. She ran into Ginny on her way out. "Don't we have Potions?"Hermione asked Ginny, wondering why she was out of class. "We have a free period"Ginny said as she looked at the trunk Hermione was dragging behind her. "Where you going?"Ginny asked. "I got resorted...into Slytherin"Hermione said, searching her friend's face for any type of reaction. Ginny nodded before smiling. "Congrats"She said. "You aren't happy" Hermione more stated then questioned. Ginny sighed. "It doesn't matter whether I'm happy about it or not, You wanna be around your brother, I get it"Ginny said. "Thanks Gin" Hermione smiled. She went on, oblivious about the thoughts going on in her friend's head.

Hermione left the common room and went to the dungeons. Saying the password, the wall opened and she was met with the Slytherin common room. "You're in Slytherin!"Pansy was the first to notice her. Hermione nodded. "I'm supposed to share a dorm with you"Hermione said. Pansy grinned and showed Hermione the way to their dorm. "Astoria and Tracey are in there by the way, so expect them to stare"Pansy Warned her.

Entering, They saw the two girls sitting on their beds. The room was stone, from the walls to the ground. There was 4 beds, each having a name on it. Pansy's name was on the bed to the far left. To The far Right was Astoria's bed. Beside Pansy's bed was Daphne and the last bed belonged to Tracey. They had clearly interrupted Astoria and Tracey's conversation. "Why is a Gryffindork here?"Astoria snarled, glaring at Hermione. "You were in the great hall Astoria, you heard she was getting resorted" Pansy rolled her eyes. Astoria opened her mouth to speak but they heard something snap. Another bed appeared, between Pansy and Daphne's beds. The name Mia was stamped on the headboard. Hermione placed her trunk infront of the bed and sat down.

"Did you get a new times table?"Pansy asked her as she sat on her bed. "I asked McGonagall for one before I left"Hermione said. "You know"Tracey said loudly. "There's rumours that Hermione Granger dropped out"She continued. "There's even more rumours that Hermione Granger has returned as someone else"Astoria added. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"I'm guessing you're Hermione Granger?" Tracey said, staring at Hermione. "Was, I was Hermione Granger, but not anymore" Hermione said. "And does Draco know this?"Astoria asked. "What does this have to do with Malfoy?"Hermione asked. "Malfoy? MALFOY! Are you still trying to hide the fact that you're seeing him?"Astoria scoffed. "Funny, I think I'd know if I was seeing someone, but apparently I don't"Hermione said. "Still Trying to keep it a secret?"Tracey rolled her eyes. Hermione turned her head to Pansy and gave her the 'really?' Look.