Malfoy Heir: Part 30

I'm sorry this chapter is a bit messed up, I wanted to finish the story so quick that I forgot about Draco's birthday. I made this the day before publishing, I'm so sorry.

"Morning idiot"He heard people around him say in unison. Sitting up and looking around, his entire friend group was around him. "Great birthday surprise"Draco smirked, noting that Hermione sat closest to him: at the end of his bed. "You want us to sugarcoat it?"She asked and he rolled his eyes. "Come on then, get dressed and meet us downstairs"Pansy said as they all began heading to the door. "Your birthday presents are beside your bed, don't crush them"Hermione told him. He nodded and heard the door close. Looking down at the floor, he got Hermione's present first. It was thin and had a letter on top.

'I've known Harry and Ron for the longest time, and I know how unorganized they can be. Knowing you act closely to how they do, I figured you'd need one of these' he read. Opening the gift, he found a note book. It had a 'how it works' sheet inside of it. Apparently it read minds, something of that sort. The book replied back, saying what the person thought. It could be himself too though. He could write a check list and if he knew he did something on the list (it requires thinking), it would be checked off. Smirking a bit, he got the quill next to his head and wrote down something.

'Is Mia Hermione Zabini still in love with me?'

He waited a second, waiting for a response. He saw the page begin to darken before something appeared.

'Madly in love'

He smirked before putting the book down. Getting up, he went to get dressed.

"Mia, What's your gift?"Pansy asked as they sat down in the common room. "A mind reading note book"She shrugged. "They make those?"Theo questioned. "At Diagon alley"She nodded. "I got him a box of sweets"Astoria said. "Me too, I always got him the same thing because everytime I ask him what he wants, he either says 'shut up, go away' or 'A box of nothingness'"Blaise rolled his eyes. "How'd you know what to get him?"Tracey asked Hermione. She shrugged. "It's not just a mind reading note book, it keeps everything organized"She explained. "Basically what she's trying to say is that I'm not organized and wants me to become the most prepared person on this earth"Draco announced as he entered the room. "Ya ya"Hermione rolled her eyes.

They headed to breakfast and ate quickly before heading to the quidditch field. "An annual Birthday match" Theo told them, pointing at the brooms on the ground. One by one, they each grabbed a broom, ready to fly. "We're going in pairs, each team has to find the four house flags an make it back here before Lunch"Tracey said. She preferred to not fly. "Don't bother trying to pair up, the groups are already made"Pansy added, handing them a list.

Blue team:
Theo and Astoria

Green team:
Daphne and Blaise

Red team:
Pansy and John

Yellow team:
Mia and birthday mess

"Birthday mess? Really?"Draco questioned as he read the list. "It was my idea"Hermione smirked, throwing him a broom. "Doesn't make it any better"He scowled. Rolling her eyes, they took off to start the game.

"Do you still think it was a good idea to send them together?"Blaise asked, watching the other two fly off. "Blaise, they're not gonna shag in mid air" Daphne rolled her eyes. "Come on, there's nothing to worry about, Draco knows he can't do anything without Mia's permission, he knows what consent is"Daphne added. Nodding slowly, Blaise flew off with Daphne, going to look for the flags.

"Why do they think this'll take hours?"Draco questioned. "There's riddles everywhere, we have to start off in a cave near Hogsmead, that's where our game starts"She explained. With a short groan, Draco flew after her.

Lunch was only 20 minutes away, the 4 teams were still looking. "We've only found two flags! The game ends in basically half an hour!"Draco muttered as they searched the library (their third location). "3 now"Hermione grinned as she opened one of the many books they'd picked out. She pulled out a Ravenclaw flag, smirking proudly. "Apparently the next one is 'where the mess hibernates'"She said as she read the clue. "This is your fault"He snapped at her before leaving. She was confused for a second before it hit her. She laughed as she caught up with him. "Who knew you hibernate"She teased, entering the Slytherin common room. "Shut up"he groaned, entering his room. "You stalled him, 10 points to Slytherin" He heard from the corner of his room. Turning his head, he saw the other 3 teams spread out across the room, a birthday cake on the table. "Getting me pissed off on my birthday isn't a present"Draco told them. They all rolled their eyes, telling him to just blow out the candles.

After they all sat down, they ate their cakes as they talked. "Perfect opportunity to smush cake on his face"Pansy noted to Hermione. The two glanced at each other before standing up. Draco, who was too busy talking with Blaise and John, didn't realize Hermione and Pansy walk up behind him. Blaise and John seemed suspicious, but didn't make Draco sense anything was happening. Their hands full of cake, they slammed their hands on Draco's face, covering his whole face with cake. There was a moment of silence, everyone waiting for a reaction but were surprised by Hermione's and Pansy's laughing. "You look pretty sweet Draco"Pansy smirked as Draco turned his head to glare at them. Snatching Blaise and John's plates, he threw them at the two, who were to busy laughing to notice. "That was my cake!"Blaise whined. "Here you go"Hermione said as she wiped the cake off her clothes before throwing it at him.

And that's how the cake fight began.