Christmas Ball: Part 25

"A complete Mystery"Bret said after she told him what had happened. "You think they made a bet or something?"Pansy suggested. "Hold on" Hermione stopped them. "Remember when Astoria was being nice to me? Draco sorta hinted that he had something to do with it" Hermione recalled. "What are you 3 doing?"Mark asked, walking towards them. "Talking"Pansy shrugged. "You 3 are supposed to be put there accepting guests"Mark said. "Yes, yes we'll go"Bret said, one by one, each of them left the living room.

Hermione was on her way to the entrance but Blaise came out of no where and grabbed her wrist. "Draco told me you and Bret broke up"He said, getting straight to the point. "Yes you can go celebrate"Hermione rolled her eyes. "No- that's for later, but aren't you upset? Like at all?"He questioned. "Bret's my bestfriend, the relationship didn't work out so we'll stay friends"She shrugged. "You really don't care about stuff like this do you?"He asked. "Blaise, I've been in over 3 relationships, being alone is nice too"She said. "I sent you out here to help, not talk"Mark said, walking towards them

So they entered the ball room, having seen everyone arrive. They walked around, greeting guests and making sure everything was going smoothly. "Hermione!"She heard, turning her head she saw the Weasley Clan, along with Harry. She walked up to them, smiling politely. "Glad you can all come"She said. "That dress doesn't look exactly good on you dear"Molly remarked, still hating the fact Hermione had exposed her infront of all the Weasleys. "Really? I think it looks wonderful" Fleur said. "I agree"George nodded. "Blue suits you 'Mione" He smiled. "This place is really nice Hermione, I'm happy for you"Ginny said. Hermione smiled, she knew Ginny was only saying this because she felt bad about ignoring Hermione for months. "You invited Rita Skeeter?" Harry asked, watching the reporter walk around. "I wasn't exactly thrilled about it either but Dad thought it was a good idea" Hermione shrugged. "Mia!"She heard. Turning her head, once more she saw Blaise and Draco waving her over. "I think I'll go now, have a good time"She smiled, walking over to the other two.

"What's up?"She asked. "We're having a little Christmas surprise, We know most people here can't produce a patronus, So we thought it would be nice if just a bunch of Patronus's flew around the room"Draco said. "You guys know how to produce a patronus?"She questioned. "Of course we do"Pansy scoffed. "So yes?"Blaise asked. She nodded. "A bunch of the D.A is here, so it's possible"She said. "Mind rounding them up?"Draco asked. She nodded once more. So they walked around, tapping people on the shoulder and telling them to go to the living room.

"What's wrong?" Ron asked, glancing around the room at all the people. "There was an idea that we should produce a bunch of patronus's so they could go around the room and amuse people, and as we all learned how to do a patronus, it should be possible" Hermione said. "That's brilliant, who's idea was it?"Harry asked. "Draco's" Pansy told. "Malfoy? I'm surprised" Ron said, staring suspiciously at Draco. "Ha ha"Draco sneered. "So, Shall we?" Daphne asked and the group nodded. They exited the living room and entered the Ball room.

They all glanced at each other, with a slight nod, Hermione shut off all the lights. There was noises of confusion. Harry set off his Patronus first, then Hermione and then Ron.

A deer, a horse, a bunny, an otter, a dragon, a snake, a Aardvark, an Abraxan Winged Horse, a Badger, a Bat, an Capuchin Monkey, a Cheetah, a Lioness, and Wayyy more, all were flying around the room. There were a bunch of "ohhh" and "ahh"s being heard. It was honestly a beautiful view. Astoria however, was Watching Draco, how his patronus would begin glowing brighter then normal when he would glance at Hermione. She clenched her fists. She stormed over to Hermione, pushing her mother out of the way. In less then a minute, all the patronus's had disappeared. All because of Astoria, who had walked over to Hermione and punched her. It got Harry, Draco and Blaise's attention which caused their patronus's to stop and other people just followed along. The lights turned back on immediately. "What're you doing?"Blaise snapped as he rushed over to them. "She deserved it! Every fucking bit of it! Shows her to back off my man!"Astoria yelled glaring at Hermione who was clutching her broken nose. Alexander opened his mouth to speak, to kick out Astoria, but Someone beat him to it. Draco grabbed Astoria by the wrist and forced her out of the Ball room. "Potter!"Blaise snapped, gesturing Harry to come over. "Take her to the living room, I have something to deal with"He said.

Draco dragged Astoria out, all the way to the entrance. "We're Done, absolutely done, I don't care about our promise, you crossed the boundaries!"He snarled. "This is what she wants! You can't let her get away with this!"She snapped. "Don't bring Mia into this! You ruined our relationship, you ruined what could've been our happiness, it's you Greengrass, now leave and never come back"He yelled. Her eyes teared up. "Fuck you Draco, I'll find someone else worth my love"She snarled before walking away. "Stop!"Blaise snapped. "What're you doing?"Draco asked as Blaise pushed past him. BAM! Astoria was punched in the face. Blaise grabbed her wrist, while she was still crying, apparated away and came back barely minute later.

They sat in the living room, Luna had fixed Hermione's nose and nearly all the guests had left early. "Mia, we apologize, for everything"Mark said. "Astoria isn't normally like this-"Jenny was trying to make an excuse but Draco interrupted. "Your daughter is always like this, she's spoiled and greedy"Draco snapped. "She's your soon to be fiancé!"Jenny barked. "I'm single, she's single, get the hint"He snarled. "Draco watch your tone"Lucius snapped. "I won't, Astoria doesn't want me to be with anyone else because she didn't get who she wanted. She's a little bitch who doesn't know how to sort out her life"He sneered. "Don't talk about my daughter like that!"Jenny yelled. "He's right Jenny, she's exactly like you"Hilary said. "It's time we go home"Mark said loudly as he watched his wife rage. "I'm sleeping here for the night"Daphne said and her father nodded. The 2 Greengrass's left and everyone went silent.

"You alright Hermione?"George asked. She nodded. "I'll stay here with you if you want"Ginny said. "Molly would blame me if something happened to you"Hermione shook her head. "Yes, we better get going, We'll see you later 'Mione"Ron said as he checked his watch. The Weasleys left, so did the rest of the parents. "We'll leave you kids here, if you need Anything Mia, dear, just wake me up" Narcissa said, Rosanna having left to walk out the parents. Hermione smiled and nodded. Her father, Lucius and Narcissa all left, Rosanna following later. "Do you need more ice?"Luna asked. "I'm fine Luna"Hermione smiled, her nose still burning. "What did you do with Astoria? Just kicked her out?"Ryan asked Draco. "I ended our relationship, threatened her to not come back and Blaise, would you like to explain what you did?"Draco smirked. "She got what she served" Blaise shrugged. "You punched her?" Hermione asked, completely surprised. "Might've"Blaise said, rotating his fist, proud of what he had done. "Now that's an outstanding brother!"Theo smirked.

Ryan and Joseph went to sleep and the 8th years were left alone. "We didn't bring any clothes"Daphne realized. "Don't worry about it"Hermione said as she took out her wand. Daphne's dress transformed into a pair of grey long sleeved pjs with small pink flowers. "Impressive"Draco voiced all of their thoughts. One by one, every set of formal wear turned into pyjamas. Instead of going to their rooms, they all slept on the ground, having fun just talking. Eventually though, everybody had fell asleep. All expect Draco and Hermione. Being the only ones awake, they got up and went outside, sitting on the porch. "I'm gonna get straight to the point"Hermione said. "What deal did you have with Astoria?"She asked. He didn't seem surprised about the question at all. "The deal depended on you, if she were nice to you for 4 weeks, I'd stay with her for 4 months. She indeed did her part but kept losing a week every time she was rude to you. Her punching you removed off the last 4 weeks so I ended it there, the only reason I was dating her was so she wouldn't get married off, Daphne begged me"Draco explained. "That's why she hated me"She more stated then asked.

"Why would you do it though?"She asked. "Mia, I'm not gonna try and hide it, I've been in love with you since 3rd year" He stated. She froze. "3rd year?"She repeated. "Ever since you punched me"He chuckled before looking at her. "You like me don't you?"He questioned. "I wouldn't be here if I didn't"She rolled her eyes. She watched a smile grow on his face before he frowned. "No matter how hard I try, Aunt Jenny will find her way around and make me get with Astoria"He muttered. "But you aren't gonna stay with her forever, she knows that"Hermione said. "I could, but I know you'll get jealous"He teased, a smirk replacing his frown. "Way to ruin the Moment"She snapped before getting up. Standing up quickly, he grabbed her wrist and spun her around. Within a moment, he captured her lips with his.