Trouble: Part 40

Luna went to her room, after being warned by Draco to put multiple spells on her room. Hermione was just as confused, having barely entered their flat (I'm calling it that because it's not just a bedroom as it has an entrance hall/ room) before Draco put SEVERAL locking charms on the door. "Draco what's happening?" Hermione questioned. He grabbed her wrist and dragged her into the bedroom, also placing locking charms on this door. "There's something going on"He said, after making sure an anti-eavesdropping spell was in place. "You don't say?" Hermione crossed her arms, her words dripping in sarcasm. He ignored her comment and sat down on the bed, feeling very anxious. "Tell me, I want to know"She said, kneeling down beside him. "I've known my parents for the longest time, and I can tell you two things they've said. 'Don't be silly Draco, there's no such thing as going to get food, the food comes to us, and there's no location to go to even get food', and 'we can't free the house elfs, even if we wanted, they hold too many family secrets that we can't risk getting out'"He explained. "So what do you think is going on? Someone's just taken your parents and other people came back to act like them?" Hermione asked, jokingly. He didn't seem to take it as a joke as he nodded. "My father rarely smiled, and to smile like that, I can tell it's not him"He told. "Why'd we leave Luna then? Draco, whoever those people might be, they could hurt her"She snapped as she stood, now feeling very worried as well. "Don't worry, who ever steps 3 meters close to her will get thrown back, I wouldn't leave my sister unprotected when there's intruders here" He assured her.

"Who do you think it may be? I mean why would they? The war is over! We shouldn't be experiencing anything like this!" She snapped, sitting on the floor as she leaned against the wall, her hands over her ears. She remembered what happened in Godric's hallow, and that moment had traumatized her. Draco got up and sat infront of her, taking hold of her hands. "Calm down, we can't have you stress out, I know you're remembering the events of the war but remember, you survived that, you'll survive this one too"He told her, wrapping an arm around her. He got up and took her with him, walking towards the bed. He had her lie down under the covers and rest, him sitting on the edge of the bed, assuring her that he wouldn't leave.

He was having thoughts of his own though. Who was it? Why were they doing this? They're probably death eaters. But why were they after his family? 'Your family called out at least 30 death eaters, of course they want revenge' a voice in his head replied to his thoughts. But weren't they all in Azkaban? It would've been all over the prophet if there was a break out. Draco began thinking of Luna. What if his charm hadn't worked and she was in danger. He stood up slowly, careful not to let Hermione notice. "Where're you going?"She mumbled, her eyes closed. "I'll be back in 5 minutes max"He told her, kissing the top of her head. He unlocked the door and left the room, not knowing whether he was gonna protect Luna or Hermione. He walked quickly, and found Luna's room. He unlocked every charm in about 15 minutes: his sister was pretty powerful. He knocked on her door before walking in. "Luna, come on, you're staying with me and Mia"Draco told her. Luna nodded and got up. She put a couple things in her bag and followed after him.

Draco waited another 5 minutes till Luna came, and another 5 minutes to return to their room. By the time he arrived, he knew something was wrong. The door, which he had locked, was barely open. Either Hermione left the room, or the imposters had entered the room. He walked in carefully, both the Malfoy siblings having their wands out. Their bedroom door was wide open. He was about to peek in but he heard footsteps walking around the room. "Don't wake her, we need the others to arrive before we do anything"He heard a very familiar voice say. It was his Aunt Bella's husband. "Draco will be back here soon, we must hurry!"Another voice snapped, he didn't recognize this one. "Look they're over there, on the brooms, just 3 more minutes!" Rodolphus said. "You're sure she's still friends with Potter? Or else this will be useless"The other person said. Luna nudged him, basically telling him they have no time.