Revelation Chapter 16: Standardized Testing

Fade in to the ice base, where Tex has killed everyone

Church: Wow, you took all those guys out at once? Was that really necessary?

Tex: Mah, they'll live.

Church: No, they won't.

Tex: Oh, yeah I see your point. Come on, let's get inside.

Church: Okay. Man, those guys got fucked up.

They head toward the base, but Church stops short

Church: What? Wait a minute... Oh no. Tex hold on a second!

Tex: What's wrong?

Church: Uum yeah, don't know if I mentioned this before but I've kind of had psychic visions about this place? Yeah I thought it was Valhalla at first but I guess it turns out it was here. Probably should have told you this earlier.

Tex: Yes, you should have told me this earlier.

Church: Well I'm telling you now, does that count?

Tex: Do you think it counts?

Church: Nah, probably not.

Tex: You're not psychic, genius. You're just remembering. You've been here before.

Tex leads Church into the base

Tex: We all were. This is where they moved Alpha. After a few of us Freelancers went rogue, we compared notes and pieced together what they were doing to him. I convinced them to come back; break him out. The Project moved him here to try to protect him, so that they could keep experimenting on him.

Church: Whoa, you were in charge of the break-in?

Tex: I couldn't just let them destroy him; he was being tortured. The Director even started to use some of the other A.I. against him. Think about that: turning his own pieces against him? It's sick. Gamma and Omega would fabricate scenarios where he was designed to fail. And they made it seem like his failures were hurting all of the people he cared about, and there was nothing he could do about it. It drove him mad. Broke him down even more.

Church: But you came back. You saved him.

Tex: No, I didn't. It was too late. By the time I got to him, he was already long gone. I don't even think he recognized me. I failed. Only in my case, it really was my fault.

Cut to Wash overseeing the Meta beating some poor alien sucker's carcass senseless

Washington: Doc, do you have a second?

Doc: I'm a prisoner Wash. I have nothing but seconds.

Washington: Right, good point.

Doc: I mean you don't even need to ask. You can just be like "Hey, Prisoner Number One, come over here 'n' talk to me, rrr-I'm a Freelancer-rrr."

Washington: Okay, I get it.

Doc: Yeah, you really need to step up your hostage-taking skills.

Washington: Stop lecturing me, or I will shoot you, and feed you to the Meta.

Doc: Does he eat people?

Washington: Do you really wanna find out?

Doc: No. Maybe. If we used another person sure. Looks kinda interesting.

Washington: You've spent some time with him now. What's your diagnosis?

Doc: Of who, the Meta?