2- Motherly Bond

I was leisurely enjoying my breakfast when Ganga Tai came and sat beside me.

"You didn't sleep properly, did you?", she asked sounding disappointed.

I looked away from her and lied, "I slept fine. Who told you otherwise?"

"The redness of your eyes and the dark circles beneath them", she deadpanned.

I smiled sheepishly at her on getting caught.

"Sia, the nightmares are getting out of hand. I think you should inform your family. If you are scared then I can talk with Raghav Sir or Tanya Ma'am", she said looking worried.

"NO WAY", I shouted standing up from my seat.

"Don't even think about it. They have enough problems in their lives, don't add mine into that pile. I am trying, okay. I will get better. I promise", I pleaded, hoping she would understand.

I knew she had her loyalties with Raghav as he was her employer but still I hoped that the bond we had formed in these months would force her to take my side.

She sighed and said, "I am agreeing this time but if you don't show the signs of healing then I would have no choice other than going behind your back. This is a serious matter Sia, I hope you understand this".

I gave her a teary smile and sat back to finish my breakfast.

I had formed a different bond with Ganga Tai. Atfirst I was uncomfortable around her as I was with all other females but her motherly nature pulled me in and now the connection we felt was even more than what I had with my mother in these last few years.

I completed my breakfast and got ready for college.

"See you at lunch", I told her while leaving.

"Lunch?" she asked confused.

"Yeah lunch", I replied in a duh tone.

Why was she confused? It was a routine for us.

"But my son told me that your college has held fresher's party today", she explained her confusion.

"Oh, my son is of your age and we have only one college here so I thought you would also be going to that party", she added as an afterthought knowing that I didn't know anything about her son.

I rolled my eyes at her, "Ganga Tai, you know that I don't feel comfortable around the people. Obviously I won't be going to the party which would be filled with them".

"But you should. It's been months since you came here and yet you haven't made a single friend here. This might be the opportunity for you to gain one. I can ask my son to accompany you in the party if you are feeling scared", she said making my eyes go wide.

"No no no, don't even think about it. Does your son know about me? My background?", I asked scared.

I didn't want anyone to know my identity in this town. I didn't want to be known as criminal's daughter ever again.

She gave me a comforting smile and said, "Sia, I have promised Raghav Sir that I wouldn't tell a single soul about this. My son only knows what the whole town does which means for him you are the sister of Raghav, who was kept hidden from the limelight for security reasons".

I let out a breathe in relief. "Sorry for accusing you. I know you are trustworthy, I just got scared", I apologized.

"Okay now bye and I would be home for lunch", I hollered from the door while leaving the house.