19- It's okay to be wrong

Mom came inside my room holding a plate filled with my favourite dish, looking apologetic.

I turned my face away from her, trying my hardest to not cool down my anger over food. She is using this tactic for years. Always tries to cool down our anger by making our favourite food.

She sat on the bed beside me and tried to turn my face towards her. When she saw that I wasn't relenting then she brought the dish near my face making it absolutely impossible for me to ignore the aroma.

I tried but as always I gave into her tricks and took the plate from her to enjoy the delicacy.

She smiled caressing my hairs and said cutely, "I won't speak about Jay's bloodline ever again. Please forgive your mother".

Just when I was going to forgive her she blurted the second sentence making me roll my eyes at her. "Even if it's not Rishi, I want you to marry a rich guy". Somethings never change.

"Your only condition is to find a rich guy, right? Who cares about other qualities in the said guy? If he is rich, every other faults can be ignored, am I right Mother?", I asked sarcastically.

"I am guessing that Rudra is from a poor family", Mom said sounding disappointed.

"Where did he come from?", I asked totally confused about Rudra's involvement in our conversation.

"Well you surely like him and your anger for me wanting a rich son-in-law, makes it clear that Rudra is not rich", Mom explained in a know it all tone.

"You should check the dictionary. Surely the meaning of friend differs from the meaning of boyfriend", I said in a deadpanned voice.

"So you don't like him?", Mom asked confused like I was not screaming the same thing over and over again.

"No mom, I don't like him in that way. Please stop your rants about wanting a rich son-in-law. There's a chance that I will marry a poor guy just to spite you", I said irritated, she was ruining my appetite with her talks.

"Of course, me wanting a rich man for you is wrong but you marrying someone just to go against me is totally right", Mom said in a sassy tone.

"And people say I am a Sass Queen. They haven't met my Mom yet", I mumbled.

"Well except for my last conversation, everything thing I said was right", I said still trying to get an upper hand in the conversation.

"It's okay to be proved wrong sometimes", Mom said smiling and left the room ending the topic.

I hummed while thinking about our conversation. She was right at some points. Please highlight the word 'some points'. Oh well no one is ever entirely wrong or entirely right.

I frowned looking at my empty plate, it felt like nothing went into my stomach and it just vanished.

'I need to ask Mom if she made any extras', thinking this I got up from my bed.