59- A push in right direction

While everyone was busy discussing the do's and don'ts, I sat there staring blankly at the wall with fear coursing through my veins.

"Sia? Sia, are you okay?", Shanaya asked frantically noticing my blank state.

Shanaya's words caused everyone to shoot up from their seats and come near me.

Tanya hugged me tightly and that's when my wall broke down and I started sobbing uncontrollably hugging her waist as she was standing near my chair, where I was sitting.

"Shhh, I know all this is really scary but my sister is so strong that she can beat her fears and come out as a victor", Tanya tried to raise my spirits while running her hand through my head to comfort me.

"Sorry", I apologized for creating a scene and disturbing the discussion.

"No, I am sorry. This whole plan is stupid. We shouldn't have done this. Instead of helping, all we have managed to scare you", Rudra said while trying to collect all the notes that were spread on the dining table.

"SHUT UP", Maitri roared.

"Both of you just shut up. First of all Sia, you don't have to be sorry. It's okay to be scared. As much as we try to understand your situation, we could never feel the intensity of your fears.

And you Rudra, how can you even think of sabotaging our efforts. Yes, I know this is hard, too hard for Sia. Yes, she is getting hurt by this but this hurt is short term.  For curing her long term sufferings, short term sacrifices are needed.

It's not like we suggested her the first method we found. We took all the care before finalizing this technique. Forget about us, you rechecked all the possibilities for more than 10 times before agreeing. Then how can you give up so soon?

You can't give up just because she panicked. If she fell apart, then it is our duty to stay stronger and give her a push in right direction", Maitri spoke, while her tone was angry, her intensions were clearly to motivate us.

"Yeah. Same to same, as she said", Shanaya agreed, nodding her head like an idiot.

Amidst all the tears, a small smile grew on my face.

"Yeah take all the credit. Here, I give such a long speech to motivate you but Shanaya's stupidity is what you need to smile again", Maitri grumbled.

"Aww, don't get mad", Shanaya spoke in a kiddish voice while giving Maitri a side hug.

Unable to resist Shanaya's cuteness, Maitri face broke out in a smile.

"How about we start with Sia's least scary nightmare? That way it won't be too terrifying and she would also get a hold of how this technique works. We can gradually move to the more scarier nightmares, once she stabilizes", Jiya suggested and everyone agreed in a second as this was the best idea.

"Do we have to start the process today?", I asked timidly, looking at my hands that were placed on the table.

"I think that would be the best. The earlier, the better", Jiya said shrugging.

Raghav interjected, "No, not today. She is too stressed for this, right now. Even if she tries, I don't think the outcome would be favourable".

"The idea of remembering everything is scary. So no matter the time, Sia is going to be stressed", Jiya countered back.

"I think Raghav Sir is right. You remember the very first thing I listed. She needs to be in a happy atmosphere, while trying out anything. Right now, she is anything but happy. Plus it's already evening, not much time had been left for her to write everything down before the night falls", Rudra said agreeing with Raghav.

"How much time will it take her to write? I mean it won't be more than two pages, right?", Tanya asked in confusion.

"She is not writing an essay that the length will determine the time needed for it to be completed. We are talking about her nightmares, no matter the length, it would take time to gather herself and put down everything that's troubling her on the paper", Raghav deadpanned.

"Please don't get too eager. It may even take more than one day for her to be able to complete it. You can't rush her. Let her take all the time, she needs", Rudra said in a worried tone.

"Sorry, I have been told that my words have a tendency to hurt others, of course unintentionally though", Tanya apologized with sheepishness.

"Don't bother, I know you since childhood. Your words have no effect on me", I waved off her apology knowing that if I didn't then she would feel guilty.

"Okay so enough of heavy topics today. How about ice cream and a comedy movie to lighten the atmosphere?" Shanaya asked.

Everyone agreed instantly, sensing that I was at a peak to lose my composure. All this discussion had drained me out and now they were doing all possible things to cheer me up.

"How about we play some games too along with movie and Ice cream?", Jiya suggested, knowing that we all loved playing even if we tried to wave them off as kids type of timepass.

"No, nono, nooo. As per Rudra's instructions, fighting is not allowed. And Tanya will definitely fight if we play as she is a sore-loser", Raghav commented, making a fake horrified face.

"Oh please! Looks who's talking. You are the one who puffs out your face and leaves the gathering whenever things don't go your way", Tanya retorted pointing her finger at him.

"Really!!", Shanaya asked looking shocked.

Anyone could tell that this was fake exaggeration.

One by one everyone started their dramatics, making me fall out of the seat, laughing out uncontrollably. My stomach had started to ache from all laughing so much.

Even though this meet was really traumatizing for me, they made sure that my day ended on a happy note.