13- Just Kidding

Friends...What did I do? I agreed to be his friend knowing fully well that there's a chance this may backfire. It took few seconds to accept his friendship but it doesn't mean that my trust on men would come back nor would my fear would disappear in those few seconds.

But what's the use of thinking all this now when the deal is already done and he has left after getting the promise from me to try.

Try...Such a small word but still a huge task. How will I try something whose mere thought gives me goosebumps? Should I just tell him that it isn't possible for me? But Mom is coming and getting Rudra angry at this moment would be stupid.

Won't it be considered as cheating if I let him think that he is my friend but then turn him down the second my work is done?

No that is not right. Argh, I am such a mess. What should I do? How do I know that he's trustworthy?

Trustworthy... I should just forget the word. No one is trustworthy in this world. Who knows when a person suddenly changes?

Even if he is not evil right now, doesn't mean he can never get on the wrong side of the law. Take my father for example. He was a loving dad, infact he was my idol, look how he turned out.

But there's also a chance that he might be like the men in Tanya's family (her in-laws), all respectful and law biding citizens.

My phone rang loudly breaking me out of my thoughts.

I furrowed my brows seeing an unknown number but then shrugged and picked it up.

"Hello?", I spoke in a questioning tone.

"Hey, Rudra here. I won't be able to come today", he said.

"Is Ganga Tai okay?", I asked knowing he won't bail out of work if it wasn't an emergency.

I heard him chuckling through the phone.

"You know, there can be other problems in my life than something happening to my Mom. But it's good to know that you care so much about her", he said still chuckling.

"Will you tell what happened? I am getting worried here", I asked him irritated. He would speak thousand words but won't tell about what is important.

"Nothing happened. I need to take Mom to the doctor's clinic for check up. Dad was going to take her but something came up and he won't be able to come home.

Even after the check up I need to be at home as no one is there today to help Mom, if she needs anything.

So can you order something for dinner today. Sorry for bailing out on such a short notice. I hope you understand", he explained the situation.

"Don't worry about my dinner and you did the right thing by staying home. Your Mother comes first. Let me know if you need any help", I assured him.

"Thank you so much. I knew being friends with you would be so beneficial", he said.

"Fri...Friends?", I stuttered out. It wasn't even in my mind while talking with him.

"Of course, friends or else you would have been so rude to me for ditching you at the last minute. You would have been like - HOW DARE YOU TAKE A LEAVE WITHOUT NOTICE, YOU ARE FIRED", he said exaggerating.

"Not a bad idea actually", I said cheekily.

"Woah! You got serious. I was just kidding. Come on, you can't take a joke seriously. I was joking, please don't fire me", he started pleading.

"Me too", I said smiling.

"What?", he asked in a confused voice.

"You aren't the only one who knows to joke around. I was joking too", I informed him laughing.

"YOUUUU", he screamed and I hanged up the call laughing.

Man, it has been so long since I laughed so much.