27- Lie

We just glanced at each other silently, not knowing what to say after everything was explained.

Finally Jiya broke the silence by speaking up. "Sia, we are really sorry. We blamed you while thinking you betrayed us, without giving you a chance to explain", she apologized in a low.

"Yes, she is right. We are really sorry Sia", Shanaya spoke as if she just realized that she forgot to apologize.

While they both said their sorry's, Maitri just looked at the ground. Even though she didn't apologize openly, it was clear as a day that she was feeling guilty. It was obvious as she was the one who accused me the most.

"Please don't apologize. You three weren't at fault. Anyone else in your place would have had the same reaction or even worse. It's actually my fault completely.

I was stupid enough to not think that this situation may occur. I should have informed you all beforehand about my plan and the changes that happened later.

But on a serious note, I really want to try my hand in friendship with you all. Not sure, if I could be a good friend but still I want to give this a try if you all agree", I said everything that was in my mind hoping that they won't reject my friendship.

Upon hearing me, Maitri snorted and said, "You talk about friendship like you are proposing us for marriage. Relax a little. This much pressure and that too for becoming friends, under how much pressure will you be when someone asks you for a relationship or marriage".

"Stop it Maitri. Don't make fun of her thinking like this. If she is being so serious, that means she values friendship as much as any other relationship and that is a good thing", Jiya said before I could respond to Maitri.

It was nice of her as I was feeling to bury myself under the ground upon hearing Maitri's teasing.

"Sia, you don't listen to her. She speaks rubbish 99% of the times", Shanaya told me while giving me a side hug.

Everyone except Maitri chuckled in response.

"Yeah yeah make fun of me. I don't care", Maitri said waving her hand like it didn't matter to her.

"Enough of all this now. Let's just be happy that everything is clear now and Sia didn't cheat us", Jiya said ending the banter.

"Yeah. This is what I was trying to explain from the start. Sia would never lie to us", Rudra said that so confidently that it broke my heart.

Lie....My whole identify was a lie. They didn't even know that I was a daughter of a runaway criminal.

I don't know what I was doing here making friends with them. The day they would come to know about my identity, they would leave me like my old friends.

I felt so guilty but there was no way I could tell them the truth. Not only will they go away from me but the whole town will know about my identity and the entire purpose of changing towns would be futile.

"Okay guys, now we should leave. We having been talking for a long time and Sia's Mom would also be wondering why is she taking so much time", Maitri said and then they all left bidding us bye.

Rudra came inside with me as he had to pick tiffin for Ganga Tai plus he wanted to talk with my mother more as she was going to leave tomorrow.