64- Celebration

All five of us were gathered at my house to celebrate our success against my nightmares.

My nightmares had not stopped completely but they weren't a regular occurrence now and that was a huge achievement for all of us.

With Pizza's and cold drinks at our disposal, we kept on talking about random things.

We were all laughing at Shanaya's joke but stopped short when we saw Raghav and Tanya coming down from the room with all the suitcases.

The other four glanced at each other in confusion.

"Are you leaving?", Jiya asked them as they came near us.

"But whyyy? We will miss you", Shanaya whined after receiving affirmative nods from Tanya and Raghav.

Raghav and Tanya's faces broke into wide smiles upon hearing Shanaya's words.

"We have to. Diwali is around the corner and there are so many preparations to do for home as well as the restaurant. There's so much work pending on both the ends", Raghav said.

"Sia, are you going with them too?", Maitri asked.

"Ah! No. I am not going", I informed with an awkward smile.

"I think you should go. Festival should be celebrated with Family. Not that we won't love to have you here, but still...", Jiya said.

"You are right but I don't have courage to go back. The taunts, the accusing stares, all that are still fresh in my mind", I replied with a sad smile.

Hearing me, everybody's happiness disappeared.

"Now don't frown. It is, what it is. Forget it and bid these two bye with a happy smile", I said trying to uplift the mood.

Everyone nodded and wished them happy journey.

"Listen, if you need us then don't hesitate to call. I don't care if it is midnight or anytime, call me if you need me", Tanya ordered with a stern look and only left the house after I promised her.

I heaved a sigh and came back to living room after closing the door.

"Sia, why don't you call Aunty here? I mean no one should be alone during a festival and even though we would celebrate with you, at the end this house would feel lonely", Shanaya suggested.

"How would Aunty come here? Won't she be celebrating Diwali with Tanya there?", Jiya asked.

No she won't. She would definitely get an invite from Tanya's in laws but going there would mean ruining Tanya's mood.

"Actually I think this is a good suggestion. Tanya has so many people there plus Mom won't be able to enjoy properly as people won't stop taunting her if they watch her celebrating, as my father had ran away few months ago", I said annoyed that people still find it interesting to comment about our lives even though it's none of their business.

"I know it's really hurtful, but you can't just stop your lives just because of stupid strangers", Maitri spoke with a frown on her face.

"I know that too but we still get affected by people even though they don't hold any place in our life. Seriously there's a massive difference between knowing things and applying them in your life", I told her the bitter truth.

"Enough about the sad talks. Let's discuss about how we all are going to celebrate Diwali together", Shanaya said, clasping her hands together in excitement.

"Sorry guys, I won't be able to celebrate it with you all. I already promised my other friends that I would be there with them for the whole time during Diwali as all my time is spent with you all nowadays", Rudra apologized guiltily.

"It's fine. We understand", Jiya said and we all nodded but Maitri looked disappointed.

Rudra soon left while we four girls discussed about what all we would be doing for the festival.

"I still need to buy new clothes. If you haven't shopped yet, then let's go together", Maitri said looking at all of us.

I was just going to agree when Shanaya pulled me back.

"Don't you dare agree. You don't know Maitri, she's a shopaholic. Plus her anger, she will literally bury you if you ask her to stop or take a break", Shanaya whispered or rather tried to.

One thing is for sure- Shanaya and a low voice have no compatibility with each other.

Obviously Maitri heard everything and obviously Shanaya got chased by a furious Maitri while Jiya and I sat there laughing our hearts out.

*****
Diwali- Indian festival.

*****Diwali- Indian festival