24- Just like that

I just came out of my last class when Rudra came running towards me."Come on, slowpoke we need to talk with the trio and invite them before they leave the campus", Rudra said huffing.

"We don't have to. I already invited them", I informed him.

He raised his eyebrows in disbelief and asked mockingly, "Really? Stop kidding with me. You, who was not able to speak a single word to them, invited them that too without my help. Why am I having such a hard time believing it?"

I narrowed my eyes at him and spoke with an attitude, "Then don't. No one is asking you to believe me."

"Okay okay, now don't get angry", he said raising his hands in a surrendering position.

"By the way, how did you do it? I am not mocking you but you were nowhere near ready to talk with them based on your actions", he asked warily afraid of my outburst.

I sighed and answered him truthfully, "To be honest, even I don't know. One moment I was apologizing to Maitri for spilling water on her and other moment I invited them for lunch".

"Just like that?", he asked seeming stunned by my answer.

"Just like that", I agreed assertively.

"So now you all are friends? Nice, I am so proud of you", he praised.

"Keep your praises to yourself, I managed to ask them for lunch. That's it. Nothing more than that", I said in a downgrading tone.

"So you wouldn't talk to them after this lunch. They are not use and throw paper plates Sia, that you will ignore them after your work is finished", Rudra spoke sounding disappointed.

"Woah Woah! Don't you dare make assumptions and get angry at me. I said that I just managed to call them for lunch and was not able to make friends. That doesn't mean that I would ignore them later. HEAR PROPERLY, I said was not able to make friends and not I won't make them my friends. Idiot", I explained huffing and puffing in anger.

"Oh okay. So you will try again, right? You will make efforts to gain their friendship, right?" he tried to confirm this time instead of jumping into confusion.

I nodded and let out a sigh of annoyance.

"Okay then. Let's meet tomorrow", he said before waving bye.

He had walked few steps forward when I called out, "Wait".

He turned and raised his eyebrows in question.

"Don't make lunch tomorrow for your home. Mom is going to prepare a feast tomorrow. There will be too many tasty dishes so I will pack lunch for Ganga Tai", I told him.

"You don't have to. I mean Mom would be touched by your gesture but I don't want to create any trouble for you", he said with an unsure expression.

"What trouble? And I am not taking no for an answer. She deserves a break from your food", I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh hello! For your kind information, I cook delicious food so she doesn't need a break", he said showing me his palm.

"Whatever. I don't care, You are taking lunch for Ganga Tai from my house and that's final", I said sternly, not giving him a chance to refuse.

He shook his head at me but agreed nonetheless.

"By the way, she misses you", he informed.

"I too miss her but what to do, she needs rest. It's a good thing Mom is here and wants to cook for me, this way Ganga Tai will receive more days to rest", I said with a small smile.

"Yeah", he agreed and then we both parted our ways after bidding bye.