42- Sleepover

I stood there feeling blessed to know such awesome people where one fights to protect the other and the other scolds her getting worried for the punishment her friend would receive forgetting about her own sadness on getting insulted in front of everybody.

"Guys, did you notice something?", Jiya asked with a creepy smile.

"What? What?", Shanaya asked getting excited.

"Sia didn't get awkward or even hesitated a little bit while talking to us . While I don't agree with her taking Maitri's side on this but still this is a huge achievement. I am so happy", Jiya said smiling widely while I just blushed hearing her.

"Woah! How come I didn't notice it? This calls for a celebration", Maitri said rubbing her hands excitedly, probably having started the whole planning for celebration.

"Yeah, let's celebrate while the professor complains about you to the higher authorities", Jiya said sarcastically.

Maitri sighed upon hearing Jiya's words. "Wait here. I will go and inform my parents about what happened before the principal or professor calls them and then we will talk about celebration", saying this she went a little away from us to make the call.

"Umm...Won't her parents punish her? How is she still thinking of celebrating?", I asked in confusion.

"You don't know Maitri's parents. Yes, they will scold her for cursing but the moment they know it was to protect Jiya's self respect then they are going to pat her back. She is so going to receive a reward for doing a good deed", Shanaya informed me chuckling.

Before I could even think of any response to this strange information, Maitri came back.

"Dinner at my house. Mom is making my favourite dishes and you all are coming to celebrate the fact that Sia is growing comfortable with us", Maitri ordered without even bothering to ask us if we wanted to come.

"Hey! If we are coming for dinner then why not we all have a sleepover tonight? It would be fun", Shanaya suggested and the other two nodded instantly liking her idea.

"Umm...I can only come for dinner, will that be okay?", I asked hesitantly knowing I won't be comfortable spending the night but didn't want to ruin their mood too.

Their faces got dull, all the happiness evaporating but before I could apologize they had small smiles on their faces back.

"Don't worry, Sia. How about you bring your overnight bag with you, incase you change your mind after enjoying with us. No one will stop you if you still wish to leave after dinner", Jiya said and I nodded in agreement, finding her suggestion better than just denying the sleepover.

"Good, we will meet later and now off to your respective classes. Byee", Maitri said reminding us that only first lecture was over and a whole lot of classes were still pending.

Waving, we parted our ways.

                          ~~~•~~~

Dinner Time:

There won't be any regret even if I die tonight. Dinner was so much fun, the whole time was spent laughing and enjoying. We even chocked on our food few times due to uncontrollable laughter. Maitri's parents were just awesome.

I got to know that Maitri's quick temper ran in genes as her Mother's side of family was like that but along with anger, they had overflowing sense of humour.

After having dinner, Maitri's dad suggested few old games from his time and we all had too much fun while playing them. I wasn't too comfortable in his presence but fortunately there was a huge gap between our seating so it was bearable.

I was planning to inform them that I would like to take my leave but Aunty suggested watching a movie. It wasn't possible for me to tell them now about leaving as Aunty had already started making popcorns for everyone and Uncle brought blankets downstairs.

Informing them now after they had made so much efforts would make them and all the girls sad. I didn't want to see their disappointed faces again so I thought to leave after the movie ends.

We all took our seats, snuggling in blankets and buckets of popcorns in our hands.

Uncle and Aunty sat on the sofa and shared a single blanket while we fours sat on the floor having one blanket each.

Movie was really interesting but as we all were already tired because of playing games, one by one every had fallen asleep while the movie played in the background.