17- Stone Castles

I came inside to find my Mom smiling at me creepily and Rishi wiggling his eyebrows teasingly while Jay sat there unaffected to the both surrounding cartoons.

"I didn't knew that it takes so much time to see someone off", Rishi taunted in a teasing manner.

"He is your boyfriend, isn't he? No wonder he was trying to butter me", Mom asked or rather decided it herself.

"Mom, he is not my boyfriend", I told her groaning.

"Don't lie to your mother. You don't have to hide it from me, I won't get angry. He is rich, right?", Mom asked eagerly.

"Rich? That's all you care about, don't you?", I asked irritated even though Rudra was nowhere near becoming my boyfriend.

"I don't want to hear your talks. You boring", Jay said looking very irritated.

Mom looked at him with narrowed eyes and told him huffing, "First of all learn to speak properly and most importantly don't speak when elders are talking".

"Sorry, please don't get angry. He is just a kid", Rishi apologized and turned towards Jay and said sternly, "Say sorry to Aunty and don't ever speak like that".

"But you told me to always speak the truth and never apologize for saying something which is right", Jay said frowning.

"I am tired and I don't want to talk with this rude kid. I am going to take a nap for a while. Rishi don't leave before having lunch", saying this Mom stood up and went inside the bedroom.

"Sometimes teaching ethics to kids can turn hazardous", I commented chuckling looking at the 'I don't know, where I went wrong' face, Rishi portrayed.

"Did I do something wrong?", Jay asked cutely.

"No dear. The topic we were talking about was actually boring but sometimes elders don't readily accept if they are wrong or if anyone interrupts them when they are being a bore", I tried explaining to Jay as much as I could manage.

"I didn't ask you. Dad, did I do something wrong?", he turned towards his father ruthlessly dismissing me while I stood there open mouthed.

"Man, you have gotten a sassy kid on your hands", I told Rishi.

"Oh please! He couldn't compete with you. You have always been a Sass Queen", Rishi said chuckling.

"Don't compare me with her", Jay said frowing while folding his hands and stomping his foot.

Rishi and I bursted out laughing seeing Jay's cute expressions.

"Don't laugh at me", Jay said still frowning.

"See Rishi, you successfully managed to make Jay hate me", I pouted.

Rishi shook his head seeing my antics. He then turned towards Jay and spoke while taking him in his arms,"We weren't laughing at you. And no one is comparing you. You are the best.

Do you know that the person you are getting angry at, is the person you really admire.

Remember I told you about a girl who used to make stone castles instead of sand castle in her childhood, she is standing before you".

In a second there was a 360° change in Jay's behaviour. From angry to admiration.

"You are one who made stone castles? Will you teach me?", he asked cutely with his eyes full of admiration like he saw some big personality.

"Of course I will", I said smiling at him.

"But not today, as we have to leave", Rishi interjected.

"Please dad, I want to make stone castles. Can't we stay? I don't even have school today. Please, I will give you two goodnight kisses tonight, please", Jay pleaded with a full puppy eyed look which I don't think anyone would have a heart to reject.

Rishi made a thinking face, increasing Jay's anxiety and then said, "Two goodnight kisses, that's a good bargain. I think we can stay for more hours".

"Thank you, thank you, thank you", Jay said jumping up and down happily.

I informed Mom about our new plans and then we left for the park.