25- Sooner or later

It won't be a lie when I say that my Mom is a Superwoman. In half a day, she did grocery shopping for all the ingredients, she would require for the 'lunch' and along with that she managed to clean the whole house. Yes the whole house, every inch and corner of it.

The house is sparkling more than the diamonds itself, if anyone asks my opinion. But did she stop? Nope, never. She won't stop until the guests arrive.

Right now the said woman is in kitchen, giving last touches in dishes which are enough to fill the stomachs of atleast 20 people.

"Mom, there are only 4 people coming to our house. You didn't have to cook so much food", I said.

"Whenever you have guests coming, you should remember one rule: 'A guest should never leave unsatisfied.' What if they have high metabolism? There should never be a case when the guests need more food and you are unable to provide them just because you made it in a limit. Better safe then sorry.

None of the food will get waste. If they don't eat much, we can also go and distribute the food to the needy", Mom gave me a lengthy explanation giving me a feel like she was reciting an important verse from the God's book.

I simply nodded as there was no way I could counterreply to her statement.

                             ~~~•~~~
The trio arrived together and Rudra was yet to come. I introduced all of them to Mom and we all sat in living room waiting for Rudra so that everyone could have lunch together.

The doorbell rang, indicating the arrival of Rudra. Before I could stand up from my seat, my Mom literally ran towards the door as fast as she could.

"Looks like Rudra managed to charm your Mother", Shanaya commented giggling.

I smiled awkwardly and stood saying, "I will just go and see, why they haven't yet come in".

I moved towards the door and saw them talking animatedly.

"Seriously I thought you will prepare your special food just for me but you called all of them here", Rudra said pouting.

"Oh dear. I wanted to but I also wanted to meet everyone before I go back. I promise whenever I come next time, you will get a special surprise from me", Mom said lovingly.

Wow! I can't even say anything to them. Who will say that they are meeting for the first time? I think he is her friend before mine.

"If you are done chatting, can we go inside? Lunch is getting cold and everyone is waiting for you two", I interrupted their lovely talks.

"Don't get jealous. I am not going to steal him away", Mom teased still thinking that we are in a relationship even though I corrected her many times.

"Haha, very funny", I said rolling my eyes and ushered them in.

After all the Hii's and Hello's, we all finally sat to have lunch.

"Aunty, everything looks delicious. You didn't have to take so mych efforts for us", Jiya said politely.

I groaned mentally thinking Mom will start with her lengthy lecture again but she just waved it off saying this was nothing.

"Seriously dear, this is nothing to me. I was so looking forward to meeting Sia's friends that I would have prepared so much more in excitement if Sia didn't stop me.

I kept telling Sia that I want to meet you all but she kept ignoring me. Atlast I put my foot down and ordered her to bring you all for lunch", Mom said unknowingly bringing a huge problem upon me.

Rudra and I glanced at each other in worry knowing that the trio must be hurt.

"You ordered her to call us for lunch?", Jiya asked probably trying to confirm before bursting out.

"Yeah", my Mom answered with a smile not seeing the rising tension in the room.

The hurt was clear on their face. They thought I called them to make up for my behaviour, which was still the truth but now they were probably thinking that I just used them as my Mom forced me to bring someone for lunch.

Maitri's face turned red in rage. She was going to say something but Jiya stopped her muttering a low 'later'.

A sigh escaped in relief, atleast they weren't going to speak anything in front of Mom.

The problem wasn't gone, I was going to face them sooner or later but atleast Mom was left out of it.