46- Console

How stupid was I to not follow my own advice? I had promised myself to not make any new friends when I had stepped into this town. Then why did I break my own promise? It would have saved me from this heartache.

"How can he just leave? Sia, you don't cry, I will go and drag him back", Maitri spoke while trying to stand up but Jiya pulled her back to the sitting position.

"Ouch", Maitri cried as her knees slammed into the floor because of Jiya's harsh pull.

"There's no need to be violent. Let him cool down first, we will go and talk to him afterwards", Jiya said maintaining a firm hold on Maitri so she doesn't get away.

"Maybe there won't be any need for us to go. I am sure, Rudra will come back after he cools down. He is Sia's best friend, he won't leave her alone", Shanaya said optimistically.

"Don't give me false hopes, Shanaya. He has left my side just like my old friends. He did what any other sane person would have done. I don't even know why you all are still with me", I said bitterly.

It was my own stupidity that brought this situation. If I had learned my lesson when this happened for the first time, I wouldn't have to go through this again.

"Well you can call us insane but we are not going to leave your side anytime soon", Jiya said while putting her hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner.

"Even thousands of thank you's won't measure up to express my gratitude towards you all", I said happy that atleast they didn't leave me.

"But I am confused, why aren't you all angry at me? I mean you must have felt hurt because of my secret, right?", I asked confused.

If not all of them but atleast Maitri should have bursted out in anger.

"Who said we aren't angry? I don't about these two but I surely wanted to whack your head for lying to us. You got saved because you were crying. The moment you and Rudra patch up, you will face my anger", Maitri said promising the upcoming hits, I was going to receive.

"Well I deserve your anger and won't back out from facing my punishment but promise to not break our friendship", I said not having the strength to be alone again.

"Of course, we won't. We are here to stay", Jiya assured me while the other two nodded at her words.

"How about we have a girl's night and forget about everything? We will think about Rudra's situation tomorrow", Shanaya suggested and winced when she saw Jiya and Maitri glaring at her.

"What were you thinking by bringing Rudra into the conversation again? She had finally stopped crying for him and see now her eyes started leaking again", Maitri spoke in frustration.

"Don't scold Shanaya. She had my best interests in her heart", I said wiping my tears.

"Okay I am sorry about bringing up the 'one who shall not be named'. But what about the sleepover? I think we should not leave Sia alone tonight. She might need us", Shanaya said making quotation marks with her hand while talking about Rudra.

"Sleepover isn't necessary", I said hoping they would drop the idea.

"Why, Sia? You always avoid having sleepover with us after the first one and that too was accidental as you had slept while watching the movie. What is the reason behind your constant avoidance?", Jiya asked.

"Umm...It's nothing. You are just overthinking", I said trying to get out of the situation.

"Why am I having a hard time believing that it is really nothing? Sia, please don't lie to us now. Your lies have already created one blunder, please don't make us lose our trust on you", Maitri spoke with conviction and I knew that there was no other way for me to get out of this situation.

"Alright, it's because of my nightmares. I ruined that night for you all and didn't want it to happen again", I said the truth sighing.

"Night....Nightmares? Are they a regular occurrence Sia?", Jiya asked looking shocked.

The other were shocked as well.

"Can we not talk about this today? Please, I am really exhausted", I pleaded.

"But...", Jiya started denying but Shanaya interrupted.

"Of course. We will talk about this later. How about we eat some ice cream? It will surely lift up your mood", Shanaya said while blinking her eyes to assure me.

Maitri and Jiya looked conflicted upon letting go this topic but nodded nonetheless seeing that I didn't have any energy left for this talk.

We all stood up and went to my bedroom after taking icecream from the freezer.