36- False Alarm

After lunch, we just sat together and talked about random things in our lives.

"Did you like Rudra's cooking? I think it's better than mine but my idiotic kid doesn't listen to me. Whenever I praise him, he says that I feel like that just because I am his Mom. You tell me, his cooking is best right?" she asked with excitement.

Now what should I answer to that? I mean if I say Rudra's cooking is nice then she may think that I don't like her's and if I say her cooking is the best then she may feel bad as my opinion isn't same as her. I needed a diplomatic answer.

"What's the use? I mean even if his cooking is better than yours, you were the one who taught him so ultimately you are the superior", I said hoping that she gets satisfied with my answer.

Honestly speaking, Rudra cooked way better than Ganga Tai, no idea how that was possible but he really was talented.

"Yeah beat around the bush and don't give me a proper answer. Uff", she said shaking her head.

"By the way, Rudra only learned the basics from me. During vacations, he joined the internship program of the restaurant and from there he learned so many things", she informed me.

I was stunned by this new found information.

"So...he wants to be a chef?" I asked.

She shrugged while answering, "No idea. Maybe, maybe not. I just hope that his father and I would able to finance his studies whenever he decides on his career path".

"I am sure you would manage and please don't feel bad if you can't because Rudra is capable enough to find his way on his own", I pacified her having full confidence that he was capable of doing great things.

"You talk like this and then say that you two aren't in relationship", she said teasingly.

I made a face and asked her, "What proof do you need to understand that we are just friends?"

"Why are....", I got interrupted when my phone rang.

I looked at Ganga Tai but she assured me, "Go and take the call, we can have this conversation later".

Giving her a nod, I picked up Shanaya's call.

"Siaaaaa, Help meeeeee. Please save me", she shouted while huffing and the call suddenly ended.

I called her back immediately while all the bad thoughts rushed to my mind. What would have happened to her? What if...what if someone like dad was behind her? No no....I can't let it happen.

She picked up the call after 4-5 rings. "Shanaya, where are you? What happened?" I asked frantically.

"Come outside", she said breathlessly, confirming that she was running away from someone.

"I am coming", I rushed outside giving Ganga Tai some lame excuse.

As soon as I stepped outside, I saw Shanaya running towards me. She came and hid behind me, clutching my shoulders tightly while continuously chanting 'Save me' breathlessly.

I was really scared but determined to save Shanaya. I breathed out in relief when I saw Maitri and Jiya running towards us. Surely we four could take down the person who was behind Shanaya.

"I AM GONNA KILL YOU", Maitri yelled while coming towards us.

"Save me from Maitri", Shanaya pleaded while peeking at Maitri through my shoulders.

My tensed shoulders slumped and all the adrenaline left my body when I realized that Shanaya wasn't in any real danger.

"You scared me", I whispered sighing.

"What are doing? Don't turn, Maitri will kill me", Shanaya shrieked when her hiding spot came into view as I had turned to talk with her.

"Sia, move aside or else you will get hurt. Move, I need to kill this crazy girl", Maitri said trying to coming forward but Jiya held her tightly.

"Can anyone enlighten me on what's going on?" I asked in confusion.

"This crazy girl gave my number to a complete stranger and now he is constantly messaging me", Maitri said or rather growled furiously.

I turned towards Shanaya hoping she atleast had an valid reason for doing so.

"But....but he was cute and I couldn't say no when he asked for your number", Shanaya replied cutely.

"So you would give private information to anyone who is cute without even knowing who they are. Or  even bother asking for what purpose they are asking the said information?" Jiya asked looking angry as well but she wasn't on the verge of bursting like Maitri.

"Sorry", Shanaya apologized cutely holding her ears with her fingers.

"This is the last time, I am forgiving you. Don't do it again", Maitri warned her and Shanaya nodded enthusiastically.

"Did you block him?" I asked Maitri concerned that the guy was still giving her trouble.

"Oh! She did", Jiya muttered and Shanaya took upon herself to complete Jiya's answer, "But mot before sending him the curses which would even make a sailor blush".

And just like that, we all bursted out laughing.