31- Panda Eyes

Everyone left soon after coming back from the park and the house was silent again.

Even though we fought every now and then, I would really miss Mom. She left tons of snacks, not only for me but also for my friends, especially Rudra. Don't know what charm he used but my Mom has become his biggest fan.

Speaking of friends, I still can't believe that I managed to make some. They are all great in their own ways but will they stay with me when the truth of my father comes out? I can't take the risk to find out the answer.

Not only I would lose them but also Raghav will suffer hatred for lying to the people here.

Even though I have already started caring about them deeply, I cannot become dependent on them or else I won't be able to handle when they leave me alone.

I have suffered the loss once and there's no way I have the strength of facing it again.

                           ~~~•~~~
Evening:

I was just fiddling with my mobile when the doorbell rang. I looked up confused as I wasn't expecting anybody.

I stood up shrugging as the bell rang the second time while I was contemplating who was outside.

"Rudra?", I looked at him confused upon his sudden arrival.

He rolled his eyes and said, "Yeah me, now move aside and let me in".

Look at the arrogance, he is behaving like it is his own house.

"Well?", I waited for an explanation about why was he here?

"Why do you look so confused? I came here to cook dinner. I was given leave until Aunty was here and she left today morning", he said confused by my reaction.

"Afternoon", I corrected.

"What?", he asked not understanding.

"Mom didn't leave in the morning, she left after having lunch", I clarified.

"And I am sorry", I concluded sheepishly.

"What are you exactly apologizing for?", he asked raising his eyebrows.

"Actually Mom prepared too much food and so much of it is left. I was planning to eat it for dinner too. Your thought didn't even came to my mind. So sorry, I should have informed you but I totally forgot that you would come today", I explained while apologizing, feeling really guilty for wasting his day.

"That's alright. By the way, Can I have some of her food? Her cooking is too delicious and if there is some spare, I would like to taste it", he asked making puppy eyes.

"Don't make such faces, you look like a cartoon. Go and wait near the dining table, I will warm up the food and bring it to you", I said shaking my head at his antics.

Only kids like Jay look good making puppy eyes, not everyone are blessed with it.

I served him the food and sat on the opposite side to give him company.

"Was making friends this stressful?", he asked and upon looking at my confused face he elaborated, "Your eyes, it looks like you haven't slept for days. Did making friends stressed you out so much that you couldn't sleep?".

"Oh no that's just my regular...", I stopped myself in time. How can I be so stupid? I was actually going to blurt out the real reason of my sleepless nights.

"Regular what? And didn't Aunty said anything to you?", he asked again upon not receiving a proper answer.

"It's nothing. I stayed up binge watching my favourite shows, hence the panda eyes. And Mom knows about it and has already scolded me so you don't start now", I lied.

I had said the same lie to Mom and fortunately Mom heard the show playing from my room one day, so she believed it. It was a good thing that I played the shows to down the noise of my screaming or else don't know what would have happened if Mom came to know about my nightmares.

Just like Mom, Rudra too believed my lie and we continued talking or let's say bantering about random topics.