66- Sorry Card

I was well aware of the effects of these taunts and disapproving stares of people. Mom, Tanya and I had faced all these but we were grown ups and yet we were still struggling to cope up with all that. If this was so hard for us then how would a mere child of five years would handle all this hate?

Jay had finally stopped crying but he still had a distant look in his eyes. I couldn't do anything but hope that these things didn't have an everlasting effect on him.

"Jay, I have an idea that would make both your Dad and Papa really happy", I said trying to divert his mind from those terrifying thoughts.

His eyes instantly lit up and he eagerly stood up from Mom's lap.

"Really? Tell me. What should we do? They are sad, because of me. I want to make them happy again", Jay asked me impatiently, ready to do anything to erase the hurt he had unknowingly caused to his fathers.

I was just going to tell him the idea when Mom motioned me to come near the kitchen as she stood up too.

"Give me a minute", I told Jay while standing up from the floor and left for kitchen.

"What happened?", I asked while continuously glancing at Jay who stood there in the living room, tapping his feet impatiently.

"I am going to call Rishi and Nikhil. They need to know that their kid is getting bullied. Call may take a while, so keep Jay engaged. He doesn't need to hear all this again. And yes, how did I forget? Order food from restaurant. I am really tired and we still have to decorate the house, so cooking won't be possible", Mom said.

"Wow! This is a surprise. You want to order food instead of cooking. Pinch me, I can't seem to believe it", I over exaggerated cheekily.

Mom shook her head in annoyance and again looked up to the invisble divine power to ask, "What should I do with this annoying girl?".

"Go and do as I have asked", She literally pushed me away after giving me the command.

"How much gossip you do? Come and tell me the idea fast", Jay asked in annoyance.

Man, everyone is giving me commands regardless of their age.

"Yeah yeah, my impatient man", I said and sat down beside him on the floor.

"How about we make a card to apologize for your behaviour? Rishi and Nikhil would be pleased to see your efforts", I told him the idea expecting a wide smile from him but all I received was a confused frown.

"Ap...apo..what?", he asked with a cute frown on his face.

I mentally face palmed. Sia, he is a small kid. Stop using hard words.

"Apology. It means to say sorry", I explained.

"Oh! A Sorry Card", he said nodding to himself.

I snickered mentally when he said Sorry card as mind automatically turned it into 'Sorry excuse of a card'.

"Yeah, so you like the idea?" I asked expectantly.

"Would they not send me back to orphanage after seeing my card?", he questioned back, looking at me with a hopeful expression.

"They are not going to send you away even if you don't make a card", I tried to make him understand but I don't think I was doing a great job at that.

He came a little forward and pleaded with a cute pout on his face, "I want to celebrate Diwali with them".

I hummed and asked him, "How is it possible? You are here and they are at your home?".

"You do something", he banged his little fists on the floor showing his stubborn nature.

"What can I do? It is not in my hands", I asked pretending to be helpless, internally squealing at his cuteness.

"You can do anything. You are a Queeeeen", he stressed the word 'queen' to emphasis his point.

"But I gave away my throne to you, the last time you visited me", I spoke barely managing to conceal my smile.

"Oh yes! Then...then I am giving you an order to do something that would make it possible for me to celebrate my Diwali with my parents. You cannot deny me, this is an direct order from your KING", he ordered giving me a stern look.

Commands weren't supposed to be adorable, were they? He was just so cute.

"Ok my King, I shall honour your Command", I said bowing my head a little.

"Come...what?", he asked scrunching his face in confusion.

"Command, I meant that I would do as you ordered", I explained, hitting my head lightly for being so stupid.

I stood up and went towards Mom who was still talking on the phone.

Seeing me, she placed her hand on the receiver and asked me in a whisper, "What?"

"Jay wants to celebrate Diwali with them", I informed whispering.

She gave me a huge smile and immediately informed Rishi to come here.

I waited for the call to end to know if they were coming.

"They are coming", Mom informed me as soon as the call ended.

"Okay Great", saying this I went back to living room to give good news to Jay.

"They will be here in 3-4 hours", I informed him smiling.

His eyes lit up and a huge smile spread across his face upon hearing up.

"Oh No!!", he exclaimed in panic.

"What happened?", I asked in worry as he was happy just a few seconds ago.

"We haven't started making the Sorry Card yet. We need to hurry. Do you have the crayons?", he asked in urgency.

I calmed down, knowing he wasn't panicking about anything serious but I think this was pretty significant for him. So I turned on my business mode.

"I don't have crayons, would coloured markers do?", I asked and received an affirmative nod immediately.

Noticing his restlessness, I stood and brought all the supplies needed for him to make a card in a jet speed.