You Know You Want Me

"Nate, what's your answer to question seven?

Fuck. "Sixty-seven?"

"Wong."

His teacher pursed her lips at him, making sure he noticed the disappointment on her face before continuing. Nate rolled his eyes. If she ever took a day off from being a total bitch, he had yet to see it.

He couldn't focus anyways. He was too preoccupied by the hole Erik's gaze was burning in the side of his head four seats over and the waded up paper balls that were hitting the back of his head every thirty seconds, courtesy of Amber.

This was, apparently, the best way she'd figured to get his attention. No candy. No apology card. Even finally getting the conspicuously absent five month old birthday gift she still owed him would have been better than this. Nope, ever endearing Amber had elected this route. Lucky him.

He'd been able to ignore it at first, but the longer it went on, the larger the paper balls seemed to be getting. She was getting desperate. He was worried she might elect to use something more lethal, like the spare tampons she carried with her to throw at people in the movie theaters who wouldn't shut up or her chewing gum. Scary stuff.

Just as he was about to turn around and cuss her out, Nate felt a tap on his shoulder.

Sighing, he turned to the left, making no effort to hide the disinterest in his face. He normally wasn't so mean, but after last night he was still seething.

"What?"

Sean, Erik's friend if Nate remembered correctly, smirked at him like he'd just achieved another dimension of asshole.

"Don't get any ideas."

"What?" Nate mumbled, thoroughly annoyed.

"Just because I sit next to you, I don't want your hands all over me." Nate resisted the urge to gag, settling with a subtle finger curl to channel his repulsion. The boy smelled like he'd bathed in cologne, the type that was too strong even when used in the recommended amount. His voice had an awkward depth to it, eluding to Nate's suspicion that the guy was probably juiced up on all sorts of steroids. He had on sunglasses, the type that dumb-asses like him wore inside even though it was obviously not serving a purpose because they thought it made them look bad-ass.

"Excuse me?"

"You know, with you being a fag and all." Sean said, looking at Nate as if he had some type of deadly disease.

Ah, sheer and unbridled ignorance at its best. He should've figured as much. He was almost tempted to give the guy a break, considering he doubted the meat-head's pea sized brain was even capable of grasping out-of-the-box concepts. Perhaps all those steroids of his had fried one-too-many brain cells.

"Ah, so you automatically assumed I'd be interested in you?" Nate mused, repulsion marring his features. Why try to hide it? It wasn't as if he'd be able to see much behind those lame ass glasses of his.

"No duh. I mean, c'mon." Sean said, gesturing to himself with a wave of his hands. He made sure to flex his forearms as he did, puffing out his chest as if to put his assets on display.

"Well, I dunno, Sean. I can't really get a good look at you with your head stuck so far up your ass." Nate shot, sarcasm thick in his voice. Nate had dealt with guys like Sean before. They were the reason he didn't like to go around flaunting his sexuality. They caused problems for him, a whole lot, that he really didn't need on his plate between all the shit he was already dealing with.

"Look who grew some balls. I would tell you to shut your mouth if it wasn't already busy trying to suck Erik's cock."

Nate's eyes flared with anger, his fingers curling slightly as his whole body tensed up.