Wake up Call

Nate inhaled deeply, savoring the lavender scent of his pillow. He'd made it. Somehow, he'd managed to get through the whole week without speaking to Erik. It had been exhausting, nerve-racking, and oddly difficult, but he'd managed.

Alright, so maybe he should be spending his Friday afternoon out partying like most high school kids his age, or at least doing something relatively social, but there was only one thing on his mind. Sleep. And no one, not even Amber, was going to be enough to drag him out of bed.

The next morning, Nate woke up around noon, as was usual for him on the weekends. Thank god it was Saturday. That meant a whole day of nothing but stuffing his face and hibernating on the couch...before work, of course.

Stumbling to his feet, Nate headed down the stairs, eager to begin the 'stuffing his face' part. Almost tripping on his pink piggy slippers, he stumbled around the corner and -

"And this is when little Nathaniel was 2. He never was one much for wearing clothes."

Nate froze. This had to be a nightmare.

Sitting in his living room hunched over some old photo albums were Erik and his mother, chatting it up like old friends.

Oh, and to top things off, he was in his boxers. Just his boxers. Thank god they weren't the ones his mom had bought him for Valentine's Day with little pink hearts on them.

Nope. He already had enough pink in his piggy slippers alone to rule out labeling him anything other than a sissy for the next 5 years.

Glancing up, Erik cleared his throat, flashing Nate a crooked smirk.

"Well, look who's up."

Nate ducked behind the curtains, covering his bare chest and as much of the rest of him as he could.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he hissed, glancing from Erik to his mother accusingly.

"Don't you remember, Nathaniel? We arranged for a tutoring session today. Your mother's not very pleased with your D in math." Erik mused, obviously having a hard time hiding the amusement he was getting out of Nate's horror.

Damn it. He knew that D would come back to bite him in the ass somehow. He was half tempted to tell Erik he was almost failing math because the hole he was burning in the back of his head with that god damn stare of his made it hard to concentrate, but then his mother would ask questions. And that was the only thing that could make the situation worse.

"Uhh.." Shit. What the hell could he do but go along. "Righhhht...just let me get dressed..."

"You know, Nathaniel, it's not very nice to keep your guests waiting. Especially when the school's been so kind to offer you a tutor for free." His mother chided, pointing a bony finger in his direction.

"How long has he been here?" Nate asked, eyeing the photo album warily. "And put those away! I'm sure he's not interested in seeing lame baby pictures."

"Quite the contrary." Erik said, tilting his head to the side with a small smirk. "Your mother's been wonderful company for the past 3 hours."

Holy shit. Erik had been here. In his house. With his mother. For the past three hours!

"3 hours! Why didn't anyone come and wake me?"

"I was going to." Erik mused, "But you looked so peaceful sleeping."

Nate flinched. He'd been in his bedroom. With him. Alone. While he was half naked.

Damn it. What the hell was he going to use to cover himself between the living room and the bedroom?