Drawing The Line

Nate ran an anxious hand through his hair for the billionth time, staring at his reflection in the mirror.

Keep it messy. He likes it messy. But it's a dance. You're supposed to look all fancy and polished. But this isn't about everyone else and what they think. This is about Erik. This is for him. But you don't want to embarrass him by looking like a complete bum.

Picking up a brush, Nate gave his hair a few more quick swipes. He'd been struggling with making a decision on this little predicament for the past 20 minutes. Messy. Neat. Messy. Neat. He had to have combed his hair and then messed it up again at least ten times. Well, now eleven.

Before he could go back on his decision, Nate heard the doorbell ring. Crap. He was here.

Nate took a deep breath, trying to compose himself as he heard his mother call from downstairs,

"Nathaniel, your little friend's here."

Yeah. His friend. His friend that he hoped to be locked lips and hips with by the end of the night. His poor, ignorant mother. If only she knew.

Turning on his heels, Nate headed out of his bedroom, taking the steps two at a time and-

Nate froze half-way down the stairs. He really shouldn't have looked up. Big mistake. Yup. He was going to be lucky if he made it the rest of the way down without tripping over himself and landing flat on his ass.

Standing there in his black and white tux with his hair swept back and a small smirk tugging at the corners of his lips, Erik looked positively fuckable. In the nicest way possible, of course.

He always wore his hair in that slightly messy, air-tussled look that gave off the 'I look like a million bucks and I don't even have to try' effect. Which looked amazing on him. Really.

But god, Nate could barely keep his eyes, and hands, off of him when he didn't try. He was so torturing him now by coming into his house looking like some type of GUESS model, and judging by the look on his face, he knew it.

Clearing his throat, Erik's crooked smirk grew even wider as his eyes made a sideways motion towards Nate's mom. Oh. Right. Of course. No gawking around the parent.

"Hello, Nathaniel."

Crap. How long had he been standing here for? Seconds? Minutes? Hell if he knew.

"Hi. Uh-"

"Nathaniel, come on. Don't keep your friend waiting. I'm sure you two have a time sensitive schedule to see to."

Nate felt a hot flush spread across his face. If his mother had noticed, then he knew it was bad.

"Yeah. Right. Sorry."

Good. He would stick with one-word answers till his mind came back down from whatever high seeing Erik had sent it on.

Somehow, he managed to make his way down the rest of the stairs, mumbling a quick goodbye to his mother before following Erik out to the car.

Nate focused his gaze on the empty street in front of him, trying to keep himself from staring.

"Nathaniel."

Oh, fuck. So much for that. Stealing a quick glance in Erik' direction, Nate realized he was holding out something in his hand. Flowers.

"I would have given them to you inside, but I didn't want to give your mother a reason to ask questions."

Nate flushed, quickly taking the flowers in his hand.

"Thanks. I'm sorry it has to be like this-"