Blackmail

Nate fidgeted in his seat, his right leg moving up and down anxiously. The whole car smelled like peppermint, just like Erik's breath had back in that closet. And the scent kept bringing up the god damn memory, reminding him of the kiss they'd shared.

Just great. That was exactly what he wanted to be thinking about while he was sitting next to Erik...in a small space...alone.

"Enjoying yourself?" Erik asked, his cool voice interrupting Nate's thoughts.

"No." Nate muttered, leaning further back into his seat.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Erik said, not sounding remorseful in the least bit. The small smirk tugging at the corners of his lips topped off the subtle sarcasm in his voice.

"Oh, cut the bullshit." Nate shot, crossing his arms and glaring at Erik. "Can we just leave already?"

"Well, where do you live?"

"Surprise, surprise. Something you don't know about me." Nate muttered.

"Or maybe I just wanted to see if you'd tell me." The wry smirk on Erik's lips widened slight as Nate's face contorted in anger.

"It's not like I really have a choice!"

"You could give me the wrong address and have me drop you off a block away from your house." Erik mused.

Damn. He hadn't thought of that. If Erik knew where he lived, that meant he could drop by anytime he wanted. But now he'd be expecting Nate to give him the wrong address. Besides, judging by the tone in his voice, Erik probably already knew where he lived.

"1734 Lark Street." Nate muttered, figuring if Erik really wanted to know where he lived, he'd find out one way or another anyways. He'd already managed to find out where he worked and how he got to and from Ruby's Diner.

The red corvette pulled away from the curb, heading in the direction of Nate's house.

"So?"

Nate glanced over at Erik warily. He didn't like the tone in his voice. "So what?"

"You never answered my question." Erik said, glancing over at Nate and raising an eyebrow.

Nate wrinkled his nose, making a protesting noise.

"And you never answered mine."

Erik pursed his lips for a moment, his brows creasing in thought as if contemplating something.

"Very well. For every question you answer of mine, I will answer one of yours."

Nate knew agreeing to something like this was dangerous to what little privacy he had left, but he couldn't resist. His curiosity was eating him alive.

"Fine."

"Good." Erik said, cutting off Nate before he could ask his question. "So, any piercings?"

"Who says you get to ask the first question?"

"My car. My rules."

Nate let out a huff of resignation. He was grateful for the darkness engulfing the small car. It would hide the red blush that would undoubtedly plague his face the entirety of the conversation.

"No..." Nate muttered in response, his voice much weaker that he had meant it to be.

An odd look flashed across Erik's face for a second before being replaced by his usual cool, collected demeanor.

Nate found himself worrying if Erik approved. What the fuck? Why the hell should he care if Erik liked piercings or not. He was just a boy. Just a really hot boy he'd spend the last three years stealing glances at and- ugh. This was not helping.