Hero

Nate stalled for time, fidgeting in the passenger seat of Erik's red corvette parked outside his house.

"So, the whole Finding Nemo thing, did you actually pick the movie because you knew it was my favorite, or were you just trying to bore the hell out of me so I'd get all...frustrated?"

Yup. The sexually frustrated part of it was implied.

Erik glanced over at Nate, a small smirk tugging at the corners of his lips. "Nathaniel, I would hope that by now you would know that my intentions are only the purest."

Nate snorted. Well, that was definitely a yes.

"Yeah. Pure. Of course." Nate replied sarcastically, averting his gaze from Erik for a minute to the small light in his living room window. "So what are we going to tell my mom?"

"Well, she still believes I'm your tutor. We simply tell her today's study session ran late."

"Until 1:00 a.m.? Yeah right."

"Not so implausible if we tell her on our way home, my car broke down and we had to wait till AAA came out and diagnosed the problem."

Nate paused for a minute before shooting Erik a suspicious glance. "You know, your way too good at this whole lying thing."

"Am I? " Erik mused, letting out a small chuckle.

"That's not necessarily a compliment."

"It's a little too late into our date for flattery, don't you think? If you were hoping to use it to get in my pants, you probably should've tried sweet talking me sometime back on the rooftop."

"Oh shut up." Nate mumbled, flushing 5 shades of red as he rolled his eyes, glancing towards the front door to his house again.

"You know, if we sit out here long enough, I'm almost sure your mother's going to suspect we have something to hide."

"Yeah...I guess we should go in now..." Nate could feel the anxious anticipation of whatever was awaiting him on the other side of that door clawing at his insides.

"Don't worry Nathaniel, just let me do the talking. Your mother seems to have already taken quite a liking to me."

Nate wrinkled his noise. "Yeah, well, I suppose you can probably be quite charming when you're not being such a pain in the ass."

"I'm glad you think so." Erik said, a suggestive smile spreading across his face.

"I'm not." Nate mumbled, stubbornly crossing his arms. "If you weren't, maybe I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place." Alright. So maybe that wasn't entirely true, but he needed some way to channel all his anxiety.

"Are you regretful?"

Nate blinked, surprised by the question, but even more surprised by the answer coming out of his mouth. "No. Not at all."

Erik paused, a small smile spreading across his face. "Good. Then I suppose we'd better go explain things to your mother now."

Nate nodded, following Erik up the walkway and then using his house key to unlock the front door.

"Nathaniel, were have you-!" Nate's mother paused mid sentence as she registered the fact that Nate had a visitor with him.

"Hello, . Nice to see you again." Erik said, his voice filled with just enough charm to ease the worry from Nate's mother's face, but not too much that it came off as phony.

"Yes, it's very nice to see you again too. I'm sorry you had to hear that little outburst."

Nate almost gagged. Either his mother was being a big fake and putting on a show because he'd brought a guest with him, or she had really taken a liking to Erik.