Peppermint Scented Secret

"So, this is Sean's apartment?" Nate asked, glancing up at the seemingly ordinary apartment complex.

"Well, not exactly." Erik mused, reaching into the back of his corvette and pulling out Nate's suitcase. "His apartment is number 116, down the walkway to the left."

God. Nate still couldn't believe they were actually doing this. He was moving in with Erik...and Sean. The day had seemed like it lasted forever, probably because he was so strung out about what had happened earlier with his mother and the fact that he was going to be living with his boyfriend. It hadn't actually hit home, though, not until now. Seeing the place really just made everything seem so...real.

Erik came to a stop next to Nate, obviously picking up on his anxious vibe. "Nathaniel, you still have the option of returning to your mother's and apologizing if you've had a change of heart. I'm sure she would allow you to live with her-"

"No. That's not it. I mean, I still want to do this. I just...everything's just changed so fast. In a good way, though."

Pausing for a second, Nate could feel Erik's eyes on him, studying him for a moment before moving forward. "Very well then. I suppose we shouldn't keep my brother waiting. Patience has never been a virtue of his."

Nate laughed, following Erik. "Yeah. That's a nice way of putting it."

Coming to a stop in front of apartment 116, Erik didn't bother to knock as he reached into his pocket, pulling out a key and sliding it into the doorknob.

"Soon, I'll need to have one of these made for you, Nathaniel. Simply in case of emergencies, of course, though I would hope that you would never find yourself in a situation where you would need to use it."

Nate nodded, feeling a small smile creep onto his face. He was actually going to have his own key...to the apartment that he was sharing with his boyfriend...and his brother. The thought would have been a hell of a lot more romantic if Sean could just be factored out of the equation, but seeing as the apartment was his, after all, Nate figured he should just keep that little idea to himself.

Bracing himself for a messy bachelor's pad that would give any frat boy a run for his money, Nate found himself pleasantly surprised as he stepped into Sean's apartment. The place was smaller than Erik's, though not by much. It was fairly plain, though it didn't have the cold feel Erik's apartment had had. It was more so simplistic, though fairly tidy. The living room seemed to also double as the dinning room, with a table and chairs placed conveniently in front of the t.v., and a nearby couch. A sliding glass door at the far left of the room gave them a view of the nearby park, though not by much. The kitchen had the basics, a stove and a microwave, though there was probably only enough space for one person to be in there at a time. And, from what he could see, the bedroom was small, with barely enough room for the Queen sized bed and dresser Sean had managed to squeeze in there.

Wrinkling his nose, Nate cringed at the idea of sleeping in the same bed that Sean had once been in, let alone at the same time. He sure as hell hoped he wouldn't end up having to sleep in the same bed as Sean, though he knew there was no way in hell Sean was going to be alright with him and Erik even sleeping in the same room.

"Where the fuck have you guys been?" Sean barked, emerging from a door parallel to the bedroom that Nate could only guess was the bathroom. "I've been starving my fucking ass off waiting for you two."

"Ah, brother," Erik mused, closing the door behind them and setting Nate's suitcase down. "What happened? Did you run out of t.v. dinners? Or is the microwave proving to be too much for you to handle again?"

Nate stifled a laugh as Sean shot his brother a death glare. "It's not my fault I'm not some pansy that likes to do girly shit like cooking and cleaning."