The Promise

"No....is it extremely pressing.....yes....well I have plans at two...are you sure....alright."

Erik hung up the cellular he'd been propping up against his ear while driving, his lips drawn into a thin line of discontent.

"I apologize, Nathaniel, but it seems something has come up. We will have to postpone our date till later."

Nate's eyes narrowed. "This was-is- not a date."

Alright. So maybe he wouldn't have minded all that much if it had been, but he sure as hell wasn't going to let Erik think he could win him over with a few fancy words.

"Indeed, because if it had been your mouth would be busy doing much more interesting things than spewing lies that you yourself don't even believe." Erik responded, a suggestive smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

Nate felt a hot flush spread across his face at Erik's words. He would have come up with some witty retort if his mind wasn't already busy indulging in the little fantasy Erik's words had planted in his head.

"I wouldn't be so confident if I were you." Nate managed to mumble, trying to sound as repulsed as he could manage by Erik's words.

"And why's that?"

"Because, I'm not like all the little whore girlfriends you've had over the years."

"I wasn't aware you were so knowledgeable about my dating history." Erik mused, an amused look spreading across his face.

"I'm not- I just-" Crap.

"And what exactly makes you think I did anything with any of those girls?" Erik asked, a small smirk tugging at the corners of his lips as he glanced over at Nate. "Ever presumptuous as always, aren't we?"

Nate could feel his face growing hotter and hotter until he was sure it was going to explode.

"Well, Nathaniel, rest your mind at ease. I didn't fool around with any of my past girlfriends."

"And what makes you think I even care?" Nate scowled.

A secret smile crept onto Erik's face. "I've seen the way you'd watch me when I was with them. You're quite cute when you're jealous, you know."

If it was possible to die from emarassment, Nate was sure he would have.

"And did it ever occur to you that maybe I was staring at the girls you were with?" Crap. Even he felt ridiculous trying to pass off that as the truth.

Apparently Erik agreed as he let a small chuckle escape his lips. "No. You see, unlike all the other people you surround yourself with, I've always known you had a thing for broad shoulders and muscular arms."

Nate snorted, rolling his eyes. "Alright, so you picked up on the fact that I like guys. That doesn't mean I like those things. What makes you think those are my turn-ons?"

The smirk on Erik's face widened. "Because, that's always where your eyes end up when you're watching me."

Crap. Crap. Crap. He really needed to get out of this car. Well, at least he wouldn't be lying by contradicting Erik.

"You're wrong." Nate snapped, trying to sound as confident as he could after just being called out. "That's not where my eyes end up." Shit. That had so not come out how he meant it to. He should have said he hadn't been watching Erik for the past 3 years at all.

Well, too late for that. Taking a deep breath, Nate finished his thought as Erik pulled up in front of his house. "It's your eyes. That's what always makes me forget that I'm wasting my time crushing on some stuck up pretty boy."