Forgotten But Not Forgiven

It's funny, how someone can become your life when you're not looking. Nate had only been living at Erik's for a little over a month, but god, it felt like forever. They'd already fallen into a comfortable routine, making things seem normal, even preferable. In his 17 years of existence, Nate had never been happier than he had these past few weeks. He spent almost every waking moment with Erik, and Sean had grown to eventually accept the fact that he and his brother were, in fact, a couple, and that wasn't going to change anytime soon. In fact, they'd gotten to the point where they could hold hands around him. They could even get away with kissing on the cheek every once in the while. Lip action was still pushing it, but Nate was willing to bet in a couple more weeks Sean would be cool with even that.

He spent his mornings with Erik, sometimes lucky enough to wake up to a few groggy kisses if Sean wasn't up yet. Then Erik would walk him to his locker , well, technically their locker now. Nate used to share a locker with Amber, but she'd moved out after their little falling out, and since Erik always insisted on walking him to his locker anyways, it had just been the logical thing for Erik to move his stuff into Nate's locker. Then Erik would walk him to class, always insisting to carry his books in one hand and hold hands in the other. At first, he'd been more than a little embarrassed to have someone else carry his stuff. Especially since it was Erik, which meant they got looks everywhere they went. Same with the holding hands thing. By now, though, it had turned into something that he enjoyed, even looked forward to. It was like their way of telling everybody else that they were with each other without having to say anything. Of course, there would always be the occasional over-aggressive slut that would try hitting on Erik the second he wasn't physically attached to Nate, which was another reason he'd come to like the whole holding hands thing. Stupid whores. They never learned.

All that aside, though, it really was nice to just be able to hold hands with Erik and actually 'be' with him in public instead of trying to hide it.

School was really the longest part of his day, aside from Math, which he shared with Erik. He found himself counting down the minutes till 4th period, where Sean had agreed to switch seats with Erik after a little badgering. Then Erik would attempt to translate whatever the teacher had put on the board for Nate, which worked out surprisingly well most of the time. For the first time, Nate was actually passing Math with a B+. Which was amazing, really. He'd really only ever hoped to pass Math with a C-, never actually get anything close to a B.

Then Lunch would come, and Erik would take them out to eat someplace, paying for both thier meals despite Nate's best efforts. Lately they'd been frequenting Chick-Fil-A, since they'd both agreed hands down that the place had the best waffle fries in the city.

Then, despite his best efforts to persuade Erik otherwise, they'd go back to school and finish off their last three classes.

Afternoons varied depending on the day. On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays he had to work at Ruby's Diner, which Erik always picked him up and dropped him off at. Erik had insisted on keeping study dates, the two of them spending a few hours at the coffee shop every Wednesday afternoon. They'd made it a goal to try everything off of the menu, always ordering different drinks and sharing with one another. Currently, they were about 1/15 of the way through, which wasn't all that bad considering how many different drinks the place actually offered. Most of the time, Nate managed to divert the topic of interest from homework. Every once in a while, though, when he got a bad Quiz grade, Erik would insist on cracking down on the books, which was still fun since it always tended to end in him trying to force Erik into some sort of sexual bribery.

And, of course, then there was Fridays. Nate had naturally assumed that there'd be no more movie nights after they'd moved in with Sean. He'd been pleasantly surprised, however, to find that Erik had found a new spot to host movie night. The abandoned parking lot they'd met at in the past had ended up being the perfect alternative to Erik's rooftop. They'd had to go out and buy a whole collection of Disney movies just for the occasion, which was more than alright with Nate considering they tended to only hold their interest for the first 5 minutes. Unfortunately, he hadn't been able to coax any 'quality time' out of Erik during those nights like what had gone down between them in the park, but he'd come to enjoy the cuddling and mild make out's Erik had been willing to meet him half way on. They were nice in a different way than all the hot and heavy shit. It was more...heart-felt , deeper. Every touch meant something different, expressing things that words never could. It was like a different language of its own, and he was beginning to learn what each one meant, slowly but surely.