Friend or Foe

I know it's short but don't worry I'm already working on the next chapter I just know that if I was reading this I would be DYING to see what was in the surly surfers head. Loves!!

Brandon

Fuck I hate highschoolers. They were horrid when I was IN highschool. Why did we have to take this mission? Look I know that people think there's a drug problem here but this shit is dangerous for the younger Blackbourne guys. Gabe's been attacked at least four times now. Then on top of that Corey and Victor have to try and figure out who hacked our cameras. Apparently some sensor or other alerted them to a chunk of video being recorded.

While Cor is investigating that I have to watch the heathens in his class. The one good thing is that I know the basics of computers so if they need help I should be fine. To make it even easier for myself I plan to just give them a free day.

After telling them to have at it I go back to my magazine while periodically looking up. Everytime I looked up there was only one person not talking or interacting with the rest of the kids. When I looked at the file Corey had on her it was fairly blank only stating her name as Sang Sorenson and her current grades. At one point it looked like she was going to start crying before her fingers flew over the keyboard. Looking at the clock I realized I only had about ten more minutes of highschool hell before I could escape.

I watched Sang for the rest of class. She was gorgeous. Large doe-like green eyes, silky looking skin and amazing blonde-red hair. I'll admit I was a little transfixed. What could this wisp of a girl be crying about. She can't be more than 5'1" and probably doesn't even weigh 100 pounds soaking wet.

With only a couple minutes left in class I was caught staring. Sang just stared back with a curious look on her face. I got a good look at her eyes though. I don't know what she's been through but it left its mark on her. Her eyes are shadowed and probably always will be. Something like that doesn't ever leave. It may lessen but it never leaves.

When she stands and starts to walk towards me I shake myself out of my daze slightly. Shit! What does she need? Okay Brandon, all is well just talk to the girl you totally weren't just drooling over totally fine. When the bell rings I figured I'd be ok and she would just leave. Nope! Of course the pretty girl has to talk to me while I'm pretending to be her teacher and my brother. Yay!

Sang finally reaches my desk and with a quiet, raspy voice starts to talk. "Mr. Henshaw, I have a question about the assignment." I have to school my features into a neutral expression. It's totally fine. Just pretend you're Corey!

Trying to look a little bored I say, "Um, if it can't wait until tomorrow go ahead and ask.". Then she has to go and speak geek. I DON'T SPEAK GEEK!!!! Her raspy voice flows and has my heart stopping when she says, "How do you remove duplicates from an array without the use of any libraries? I'm having trouble remembering.".

I know the moment she realizes I don't know. Her eyes light up with a gleam that looks heavenly. The problem is the words that leave her mouth make me think she's actually from the opposite direction. The devilish angel leans closer to my desk and with a scowl starts lowly, "I don't know what's going on here or who you are but I know it has to do with everything else in this school. Now if you're really Corey Henshaw answer the question if not then I would appreciate it if you told me your name. I know a lot about this school that could ruin everyone and am NOT to be messed with. Who. Are. You?".

WHAT?!?! How the actual FUCK does she know this. How does she know anything she just said? Who IS she? I stare for what feels like hours but is only a few seconds before sputtering out "Brandon Henshaw. How did you-who are-" I shake my head to clear my thoughts so I can ask what I need to. I can't figure out what to ask so I just end up staring as she slowly backs away. Her words right before running out will haunt me until we fix this school.

"Well Mr. Henshaw, I don't know what's going on with your group but watch your backs. There are many things in play that can hurt many people if you don't." I watch her disappear out the door before I mass text everyone that we need a meeting ASAP. All I can think as I rush to the music room is that we need to know who she is, what she knows and if this is friend or foe. If she is helping those we're supposed to stop we may be fighting a losing battle.